Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately I've been hearing sort of a quiet clacking noise and it sounds like its coming from the bottom end of the engine. I have a suspicion that its the bearings on the piston connecting rod but i don't really know. If anyone might have a clue as to whats going on, please let me know!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for all the help. it turned out to be some worn out bushings in the clutch. apparently it happens about every 1500 miles with the type of sled i have. only a $30 fix!

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (motox_tj @ Jan 6 2007, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanks for all the help. it turned out to be some worn out bushings in the clutch. apparently it happens about every 1500 miles with the type of sled i have. only a $30 fix![/b]
good to hear it wasn't nothing internal like the one i'd referred to :chug:

·
Registered
732 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (motox_tj @ Jan 6 2007, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
thanks for all the help. it turned out to be some worn out bushings in the clutch. apparently it happens about every 1500 miles with the type of sled i have. only a $30 fix![/b]
what bushings was it? the weight bushings?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
it was the weight bushings. the guy at our local arctic cat shop said that u have to replace those about every 1500 miles or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts