Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
That could be tough. You can try a machine buff like done with automobile finishes. Tunnel marks are usually deep into the coat and those look the same. It's tough doing touch up repairs with that many marks. You would realistically want to sand down and refinish the area.
It may be an option to do a good wrap section on the tunnel. I've used wraps that are pretty thick and heat shrunk to the contours. I've also done clear coat wraps on new sled to protect the tunnel boot area finish. It may be something to think about if you do a buff and or refinish.

Reactions: William Stern Jr.

·
Registered
12,615 Posts
I use Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound for scratches and scuff marks on my vehicles and gel coat sides of my camper. Try it by hand first with a micro fibre towel.

Reactions: William Stern Jr.

·
Super Moderator
9,277 Posts
The hand method is a pretty good idea for a quick check. I'm always a little cautious about recommending the method. Be careful, and the micro fibre towel is a good suggestion. It is super easy to be too aggressive with hand buffing. I've made the mistake of trying too hard and left marks right where my fingers pressed. Maybe try a test right down by the running board with light pressure to see if it works. Those marks are not quite as deep.
Good Luck, and keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts