Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is necessary to add a HP fuel regulator with the Boondocker. It was recommended to me to add the regulator first, then lean down with the Boondocker.

The reason stated is that the Boondocker can only increase to the maximum amount of fuel flow provided for by the limit of the pressure regulator. To me it made sense. I dunno

Will any of you knowledgeable tuners please confirm?

I read alot of members adding the Y pipes and they are told to add the regulator OR boondocker... not both.

I am considering the Y pipe and would appreciate any recommendations. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
24 Posts
well sno pilot,

i have both psi reg and boondocker...........and PAC

i was told to take out needle valve, when using boondocker.....
I haven't had time yet.................

but with EGT's +2 psi............the sled runs great.......

I'm fine tuning from there with boondocker, that is with the +2 psi increase.

i don't know which is correct, but this works

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update... Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The Boondocker should do it all by itself unless you are running NOS and need more fuel pressure. The ultimate would be the regulator and Boondocker, but I don't see where you ever need a PAC and both others. Without a dyno to set up the fuel delievery anyway, you are wasting money with anything other than the Boondocker.

·
Banned
488 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (looneytune @ Jan 19 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The Boondocker should do it all by itself unless you are running NOS and need more fuel pressure. The ultimate would be the regulator and Boondocker, but I don't see where you ever need a PAC and both others. Without a dyno to set up the fuel delievery anyway, you are wasting money with anything other than the Boondocker.[/b]
^^^^
Answers my question! Thanks looney.

Cheers,
Mael

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maelstrom @ Jan 19 2007, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (looneytune @ Jan 19 2007, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Boondocker should do it all by itself unless you are running NOS and need more fuel pressure. The ultimate would be the regulator and Boondocker, but I don't see where you ever need a PAC and both others. Without a dyno to set up the fuel delievery anyway, you are wasting money with anything other than the Boondocker.[/b]
^^^^
Answers my question! Thanks looney.

Cheers,
Mael
[/b][/quote]

Looney... Thanks for the reply as well. Not worthy:

Just to clarify for myself. bang your head

The Boondocker ccntrol box is capable of increasing fuel flow beyond the parameters of the stock pressure regulator? I dunno

Thus it eliminates the need to change the stock regulator.

Bottom line.... A Boondocker is capable of increasing fuel pressure as well? Equal to that of a HP regulator.

Looney sorry to beat this to death but can you verify if I understand this correctly... Thanks :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
The Boondocker doesn't increase pressure, it increases fuel flow rates. The only way to increase pressure is through the regulater. For the average trail guy, the Boondocker alone is fine. There are some situations, like adding NOS where pressure needs to be increased to add enough fuel. If you try to add too much fuel with the Boondocker alone, you can max out the injector (stays open too long) and the sled will missfire or backfire. This usually happens when you have to add a ton of fuel, like NOS applications. There are other racing situations or with big bores that a slight pressure increase with the regulater and the Boondocker are helpful. All three options if you add the PAC are a waste of money in my opinion. Pressure regulater and the PAC work welll together, but then you shouldn't need the Boondocker. Boondocker adds fuel by varying injector pulses, not through pressure.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looney... thanks for the detailed explanation. I greatly appreciate and value your tuning knowledge and opinions. Not worthy:

I am tryng to be pratical with my sled modifications and do not want to chance a burn down on my first ride next week. :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts