Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what types of settings I should start out with on my boondocker with a basically stock motor? 2003 F7 EFI with vforce reeds, homemade clutch kit, and rumble pack can. Also installing a 2.5° timing key. Does a timing key require more fuel and if it does where in the rpm range? I plan to trade the stock exhaust up for some twin pipes soon, but I would like to see what just the boondocker can do for me, if anything. It may be overkill for a almost stock motor, but if anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thanks for any information.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, when I put the pressure gauge on it it read around 46 or 47 psi at wot, so it can stand to come down a little bit there. I also am installing a 2.5° timing key and I don't know if I am going to have to maybe add fuel in other places because of it. I guess most people say to run and check and run and check until the plugs are right.

· Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that it is high at 47 psi. I have heard you can take it as low as 38 unless you run wide open for long stretches. I just wonder since the timing key is going to make it run hotter (i think), I might want to be adding more fuel across the RPM range. I went to D&d and Bikeman, but it seems like they never really deal with a stock sled and a boondocker, just modded up sleds. I am going to take it out this weekend and make some passes and check plugs. Hopefullythis will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.