Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what types of settings I should start out with on my boondocker with a basically stock motor? 2003 F7 EFI with vforce reeds, homemade clutch kit, and rumble pack can. Also installing a 2.5° timing key. Does a timing key require more fuel and if it does where in the rpm range? I plan to trade the stock exhaust up for some twin pipes soon, but I would like to see what just the boondocker can do for me, if anything. It may be overkill for a almost stock motor, but if anyone has any insight it would be appreciated. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, when I put the pressure gauge on it it read around 46 or 47 psi at wot, so it can stand to come down a little bit there. I also am installing a 2.5° timing key and I don't know if I am going to have to maybe add fuel in other places because of it. I guess most people say to run and check and run and check until the plugs are right.

·
Registered
215 Posts
my sled with stock fuel pressure is at 41-42 psi wot, so i'd say your 47 would be pretty rich.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that it is high at 47 psi. I have heard you can take it as low as 38 unless you run wide open for long stretches. I just wonder since the timing key is going to make it run hotter (i think), I might want to be adding more fuel across the RPM range. I went to D&d and Bikeman, but it seems like they never really deal with a stock sled and a boondocker, just modded up sleds. I am going to take it out this weekend and make some passes and check plugs. Hopefullythis will work.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I've got 2000 miles on 2.5 degree key and BMP stock pipe mod with no fuel modifications.

I'm at 42 psi WOT.

You do not need to add fuel with the key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.