Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the same problem last season. My sled goes like a demon for about 30-40 minuts then it starts bogging out. It will sit there and idle for ever but if you touch the throttle.. BOG!!!!! I'v changed the battery, bypassed the killswitch, tried to adjust the TPS, checked all wiiring, ran the sled with the temp sensor hooked up and unhooked, tested my stator when cold and hot, rebuilt the top end, checked my clutch alignment, and some other things I can't think of right now but still it BOGS!! If anyone knows where to find the fuel pump relay on the sled it would be a big help. Any suggestions would be GREAT!!! By the way it's a 1993 EXT 550 EFI Mountain Cat. I dunno I dunno I dunno

·
Registered
261 Posts
First Check the battery. The older style of EFI systems that use a battery are really sensitive to a good working battery. Then check all the grounds from the chassis to engine and to the ECU. Take them apart and clean them. The first ground location to check would be the one that the ECU uses to ground to the mounting plate.

·
Registered
309 Posts
can you check the stator when it's doing it might be getting hot and expanding enough to be messing up when it cools down contracts and give you a correct reading ? hows your piston and rings ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts