Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having some problems with my 99 Tcat. It has a an 1108 in it with CPR pipes, reeds, and bored roundslides to 39.5.
The jets are 490, with q8 tubes and 45 pilots.
The problem I am having is that it is a bit boggy to 6000 rpms, then goes like hell after that.
WOT the egt reading are 1150 ish. I am getting 50 miles if that ou of a tank? I am thinking of pulling up the needle a clip and putting a smaller pilot in,and maybe a 470 main? Any input would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikesnowman @ Jan 30 2007, 07:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am having some problems with my 99 Tcat. It has a an 1108 in it with CPR pipes, reeds, and bored roundslides to 39.5.
The jets are 490, with q8 tubes and 45 pilots.
The problem I am having is that it is a bit boggy to 6000 rpms, then goes like hell after that.
WOT the egt reading are 1150 ish. I am getting 50 miles if that ou of a tank? I am thinking of pulling up the needle a clip and putting a smaller pilot in,and maybe a 470 main? Any input would be great!
Thanks[/b]
I woould look at the needle jets as well. when I tried q5 needle jets, 40 pilots and 540 mains in my 1000 big bore it was very boggy up to 6000 RPMs and it would top out at 7200 RPM. Mileage was also about 50 miles to a tank. I changed the pilots back to stock 35s, moved the needle clip to the middle and change the mains to 480s and it wasn't as boggy and I could hit 8000 RPMs. I'm now going to try Q2 needle jets, 35 pilots and 480 mains.

I've been PMing BlackMax quite a bit about my sled and he runs Q2 needle jets in his 1080 big bore from Jeff Simon.

Kevin

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well,
I have tried the following to remedy this bog:
changed weights in primary
changed helix
spring position,
I raised the clip on the needle one position, all that did was bring my temps up too much on my EGT,s
Tonight I pulled the carbs off, and the reeds were gas soaked??? The reeds are all ok. Why nis there raw gas all over the reeds?
So, the problem has to be carb related. How do you control the fuel at low speed?
Smaller pilot?
HELP
I am getting horrid mileage, and the sled is a bogging dog until 5500 rpm.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Smaller pilot but I think the needle jet has something to do with it as well. I would also post this over on HCS.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I'm running basicly same set up as you with the bored carbs, pipes, but a stock bore.
I also run a tempa flow. 35 pilots, 470mains, Q2 spray tubes with needle clips set in the middle position.
and the air screws at 1 turn out. Goes like hell at any speed. I honestly think the Tempa Flow helps a ton.
BTW: the reeds are good but are they sealing up tight in the cage?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts