Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My F8 has about 450 miles and since it was new, it would come out at 6100 rpms after sitting idling for a few seconds then nailing it. When i shut it down it burps or pops like a beggar. I tried raising my engagement hoping that would eliminate some of the issues but no luck. If i pull up, shut the machine off, let it burp and then start it up again and nail it, it works great.
It seemed to be better when it was warmer, now that its minus 30 celsius it is horrible! Cant idle for more than two seconds. You nail it and it comes out at a whopping 6100 rpms and will stay there until you back off the throttle (dont have to back right off, just a bit) and hit it again, then its fine.

I thought it was an ecu issue but a buddys sled was totally fine until the 600 mile mark. Then it started to do it too!

I have gone thru this sled with a fine tooth comb and for the life of me i cant figure it out! My apv cables are shot but thats not the issue for the bog.

Like I said, it seemed to be pretty good in the warmer weather but now its really bad in the cold weather and I gotta try and race it this way this weekend. bang your head
If I dont goose it out of the hole its fine but I dont really want to do that and expect to win.

Anyone have any thoughts??

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Roy T @ Jan 12 2007, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well, what do you MEAN your APV cables are shot??? – Roy[/b]

They are worn down and fraid. Mag side has about 1/3 the cable left and PTO side is just starting to fray also. Still functioning but they wont last long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts