Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 F7 SP DD and am geting the Bmp stealth pipe and was wondering if any one out there is runing there can with it or just the can? Many cans are Dnyo proven to lose hp, and have poor back pressure. Is this can much like the rest, from what I have read it dose not improve any but you don't lose. Any opions or info would be very helpful. I was also intersed in the BMP clutch kit or ODS dans any thoughts on witch to go with? Oh and how dose the can sound?

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rickiteer426 @ Nov 18 2009, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 2005 F7 SP DD and am geting the Bmp stealth pipe and was wondering if any one out there is runing there can with it or just the can? Many cans are Dnyo proven to lose hp, and have poor back pressure. Is this can much like the rest, from what I have read it dose not improve any but you don't lose. Any opions or info would be very helpful. I was also intersed in the BMP clutch kit or ODS dans any thoughts on witch to go with? Oh and how dose the can sound?[/b]
i have bmp pipe and can on mine. i did the pipe and noticed gains. i added the bmp can later and the sled still pulled the same,so i dont think i lost anything by adding the can. bmp has a pretty good setup,i would go with theirs above others for exhaust setups. just my $.02 i think youll like it! Cat happy

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have BMP's second stage clutch kit and i am very happy with it but if you search this forum people also love ODS Dans clutch kits so i think there probably both good stuff

·
Administrator
7,603 Posts
I cant see spending good money for no power gains or even negitive gains.
Without starting another can war, I'd throw my money at a good clutch kit.
best bang for your buck.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
i agree with tigger, if you dont have your clutching done first- start there. thats gonna be your most noticible gain. i also have a stage 2 kit from bmp and love it. its all personal preference. i personally liked the sound of the bmp pipe and can, i just went with the can because i wanted a different tone but, not alot of noise.

·
Registered
165 Posts
with the pipe you probably won't notice a power loss with the can, but you won't notice a gain either. it will just sound better, which is why i still have my mbrp race can on and leave my stock can in my garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys! I think I will get one Its not the power ganis I wan't from the can I just don't wan't to lose any, The gain from the can is the sound, there is nothing like a nice crip sounding sled. I also will do the clucth but still am undecided on what to go with.
Thanks Again

·
Registered
160 Posts
i ran a 06' f7 with bmp pipe mod and can. went to dynotech and tested the bmp can against stock. 2-3 hp loss with bmp can. sold it and used stock after that. pulled 154 hp with stock and 151 with bmp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts