• Power turned up 500-999 miles per belt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Power turned up less than 499 miles per belt

Votes: 4 7.8%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
2013 xf800 ltd, first belt at 515 miles, broken in properly, deflection adjusted 3 times, warmed up, blew at 75 mph packed snow.

·
Registered
125 Posts
2013 XF Turbo 1130 miles original belt. No issues...yet. Have had multiple pulls over 100 mph but never WOT for more than a few seconds.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Spoke too soon! Was checking belt deflection last night and noticed belt was starting to separate. So one blown belt at 1100 miles!

Update: Second Belt grenaded at 2000 miles going along at 70 mph, almost 1000 miles on the belt. Belt separated and exploded, I felt it hit the bat wing. It buckled the guard, but was able to repair it trail-side.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
2013 f800 almost 800 miles and belt still looks good. Sled is still stock (for now) and I ride it like I stole it!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Where do u see wear, side or top
When I was checking the deflection, I noticed a few "spider webs" on my side cover. Upon closer inspection I found the top cog of the belt starting to separate from the bottom half, a section about 8" long. If you look at your belt from the side you can see the threads just below the top cogs, this is what was separating on my belt. You couldn't see it, there weren't any threads hanging off the belt, I had to look real close to find out where it was failing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No visible wear at last inspection, about 50 miles before it blew. About an 8 inch chunk from the cords up. Comparing width to new belt shows maybe 1/2 mm wear. They do stretch though, adjusted deflection 3 times in 500 miles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2013 XF 1100 Turbo SP. All stock. I've blown 6 belts now and I'm at 1600 miles. Some blew at 60-70mph, and some at 100mph plus. I still haven't even held her wide open. I've seen what it does to belly pan and deflector at 70mph don't wanna see what will happen at 115mph. Dealer says deflection and alignment are spot on ???

·
Registered
178 Posts
First belt went out the first day I rode the sled. I had 100 miles on when the primary stuck shut, had to cut the belt off to get towed back. Cat did warranty that one. Next belt failed last week after wide open running in 2 ft of fresh snow for 50 miles. Had 700 miles on it then. 2012 stock turbo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2013 XF 1100 Turbo SP. All stock. I've blown 6 belts now and I'm at 1600 miles. Some blew at 60-70mph, and some at 100mph plus. I still haven't even held her wide open. I've seen what it does to belly pan and deflector at 70mph don't wanna see what will happen at 115mph. Dealer says deflection and alignment are spot on ???
I would find a new dealer.
Got mine back after cat replaced belt, guards, ecu , secondary.
Went and got my 210 speedwerx program in and went strait to up. 300 very hard miles with no issues. Hope it's fixed

·
Registered
332 Posts
1175 miles, clutches never been touched blew belt on wfo (80-90mph) straight flat area, proclimbs arnt made to go that fast but had to try it!

·
Registered
300 Posts
It's caused by excessive heat. Alignment and deflection may be spot on but the heat causes belt separation. Check out thread by mobilemike after many disappointments with his 12 pro cross turbo he's found a fix. With this fix he explains how much more power is getting to the track etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Also the the belt is ballooning when your on and off the throttle hard. Its hitting the top of the belt guard I see allot of guys pounding the fins in so its smooth under the belt guard and drilling holes to get some air to the belts. If you ease in the throttle its helping some. I know when I installed a clutch kit (torsional) when I let off the throttle it just coasts until Im on it again it has quick backshift. Allot of guys are blowing belts from hitting the belt guard just gernades a belt.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2012 XF 1100 Turbo

blew first belt at 1500 miles

blew second belt at 1580 miles

blew third belt at 1660 miles

secondary clutch was sticking, so it was replaced after third belt blew

·
Registered
19 Posts
2013 white XF limited, all stock,
800 miles, 200 miles soft then rode it like I stold it, several pulls over 108 and held there for a mile or two...all good, belt looks great!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts