Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the outside ribs of my belt blew off and now i got belt residuness all over the smooth sides of my clutches and now my clutch squeaky. what do you guys use to clean the smooth sides of the your clutches one guy told me brake cleaner?? 2006 crossfire 700. other then that great sled 5300 miles all stock except skis and hand guards. love the sled:wub:

·
Registered
693 Posts
You're going to get 1,000 different opinions on this. I use simple green and hot water and scrub with a scotchbrite pad. Then after they are clean I rinse with just straight water. Dry them off with compressed air. Now, this is just for a cleaning. If you have serious belt burn on the sheaves you may need to take the clutch apart and enlist the help of 220 grit sand paper. Aluminum is porus so any type of chemical cleaner will soak in and then leach out when the sheave gets hot. So basically brake cleaner, electrical contact cleaner, MEK, and any type of solvent is off limits. But like I said, you will get a thousand different answers on this.

·
Registered
320 Posts
brake cleaner and a rag...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up using big orange. Now gota wait for snow to really no if it did any good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts