Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why we are blowing belts on my F7- blew one last year and just blew one today. Checked alignment seems to be right on. We are using stock 020 belt.

·
Registered
92 Posts
oh boy just back from lake running and couldnt sleep cuz i blew 2 belts up today and one on final run last year ,center too center for clutches perfect, alignment perfect done with the rite tools and according to book ,all bearings on shafts replaced, snubber was replaced and adjusted loosing my mind over this and races, as far as the upgrade cat belt {the kevlar } one it is just a banana peel wrapped around my clutches just slips all the time. somebody must have the answer!

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Not to hijack the thread ... but Looney - have you found the equivalent for the F8's and F1000's? Maybe I just listen to my own advice in other threads and use the search function :lol:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
I have been told the stock belt for the F1000 is a good one, just expensive. I think the F8 takes a different one, but not sure. I would like to try the XS out just to see the difference. Dan at ODs will get some in when they are available.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
You're right ... the F8 and F1000 take different belts. The F8 is using the 046 belt ... not 100% sure on the F1000 but I think it's the 060 belt.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Chris, they make one yes. Do you know the dimensions of your stock F8 belt?

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Dec 29 2006, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Chris, they make one yes. Do you know the dimensions of your stock F8 belt?[/b]
Unfortunately, no I don't Chris. I'm one of the lucky snow-check customers still waiting for their sled due to the 14" track being on back order bang your head

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
The sled isn't the problem ... that's been in for a month now. It's the damn track!!!! bang your head I love my dealer, but I know they dropped the ball on this one. It's not really Cat's fault.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Thanks for the PDF Chris :beer_cheers:

As far as the sled & track goes, I'm about 6" of snow away from saying "screw it" and telling the dealer to just put the stock track back on and screw the 14" track altogether. If there was good snow up by Hayward, the decision would have been made yesterday. But until the weather changes for the better, I have no reason not to wait for the 14" track to come the 2nd week of Jan.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts