Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To quote the weatherman this morning..."A winter storm like we have not seen in a few years"! Starts tonight with snow, blowing snow, and more snow. Bring it on!!!! Warnings for most of the province.

:super_happy:

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
We got the warnings for here too. They say the track for the storm is along the Yellowhead, so we'll have to see if we get a good dump a little north. We just had a snow lift on the parking lot at our office over night. Hows that for timing? D'oh!

·
Premium Member
6,107 Posts
Good Luck! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
224 Posts
It all sounds great right now... I hope it really comes!! I'm not holding my breath however... seems that when ever we get these storm watches nothing really lives up to the hype! We'll see in the morning!!!

Keep praying!!

Scotty

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey Zrr,
Is it good riding up near Edmonton? It sucks around Innisfail, even if there was more snow.I went out a couple times earlier this year. Way to many fences, you have to bang the ditch lots. My buddy and I are thinking about heading up that way maybe Sat. Don't really know the area up there (sledding wise). If your heading out maybe we could tag along? :chug:

Keeper

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing but wind here right now. I watched a storm cell on the Radar and it went across North East of here into Saskatchewan. Like Scotty, I get excited but don't hold my breath. That's the joy of weather on the prairies....never really know what your going to get till it shows up.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Keeperswilly @ Jan 9 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hey Zrr,
Is it good riding up near Edmonton? It sucks around Innisfail, even if there was more snow.I went out a couple times earlier this year. Way to many fences, you have to bang the ditch lots. My buddy and I are thinking about heading up that way maybe Sat. Don't really know the area up there (sledding wise). If your heading out maybe we could tag along? :chug:

Keeper[/b]
Keeper, there is just enough to have fun right now. If this snowstorm comes it will be much better!!! Fort Saskatchewan has a good trail system that's just North East of the City. Alberta Beach has a good trail as well, that's just East of here. I do plan on going out this weekend, but not sure where yet. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Real ugly down here this morning, didn't snow a whole bunch but it's still whirlin around out there. Talked to my dad in Birch Hills, Sk.(just south of Prince Albert) He said there's about 2ft of snow around town, and that it's blowing and snowing so bad that you can't see at times. Wild for in town, could just imagine tryin to head out on the highway.
Just let me know Zrr, couple eager guys here. :chug:

Video from the deck

Keeper

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Real ugly here now too. Apparently the storm came later than expected. Haven't seen the worst yet but the snow is accumulating!!!! Blowing around quite a bit too. Should make for some good drifts!! Roads are horrible (and the drivers on them too).

·
Registered
102 Posts
Damn Alberta drivers. :lol:
Everytime we get a storm it's like we've never had one before and everyone forgets how to drive in them. The soccer mom's garanteed are still doing 140 down the 4 lane with there tahoe's in 4 HI and the cruise set. And then they wonder why they hit the ditch. lol

Oh yeah, I'm heading into Red Deer in about 20min so I'll report back later how the roads are down here! ;)

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Going hard here. 70+kmhr sustained winds. City bridges are closed and all highways. City is shut down. Talked to fellow workers at Airport and they are just sitting at the Airfield Maint. Garage. Can't even see the runway lights on high intensity. Haven't seen a storm here in a long time. Good to see. Back to real wheather.

·
Registered
738 Posts
every day my weathereye application says storm warning for regina, sk. have we got a storm? no! we just had a little bit of snow falling so the school buses shut down.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Its not supposed to hit here till tomarrow and the news is saying 8-12 but heck they can never predict this location in the Divide. They say 8-12 and it could end up being 2-3 ft. I went out riding today in a hoodie LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts