Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.... I was doing around 80 and left off and BANG! Pulled side off, found one of the weights on the bellypan, pin and nut that hold it in place, gone. Not sure how the HECK this happened. But I need a new primary now for sure.

Has the speedwerx hypershift kit in it. I will move this over to the new clutch...

Does anyone have the torque specs for the crank bolt, clutch tower face bolts, and the pins/nuts?

·
Administrator
19,996 Posts
Start by installing bolts from opposite direction of oem as they are installed backwards directly from Venom (TEAM supplier)

They’ve been that way since switching to TEAM primary in 2016 season. Told Cat and they didn’t do jack sh/t about them. They’re a safety hazard being installed with the nut leading the way while spinning CCW.

There’s a REASON WHY all years prior (along with Polaris and Comet) that the bolts head is meant to “lead the way” (in case the nut ever becomes tardy for any reason)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes perfect sense. Thanks for the tip!

·
Super Moderator
8,668 Posts
You’re very welcome. Why Cat never did anything about that still befuddles me to this very day...... ?
I agree. It honestly amazed me the first time I looked. It defies logic.
Unless someone else knows a reason?

·
Super Moderator
8,668 Posts
Another tip.
If the nut spins easily with a finger, I replace the bolt and nut. I might be a bit obsessive, but I don't like to invite disaster.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am buying an entire new pin/nut/set screw kit. I refuse to reuse the old ones.

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Administrator
19,996 Posts
I agree. It honestly amazed me the first time I looked. It defies logic.
Unless someone else knows a reason?
The reason?
Venom (TEAM MFR) installs them in this manner for use in the Wildcats that rotate CW, and they do not want to reverse them. Instead, they’d rather risk harm to John Q. Public instead, that, and Cats too damn stupid to realize the dangers associated with allowing them to remain this way.
Even my former regional rep agreed it is incorrect. However, Cat did nothing even when he contacted them about it.
(Glad I no longer work for a Cat dealership)

·
Super Moderator
8,264 Posts
Those team primaries don’t last long either before the rollers wear out and and your weights look like a moto cross track. cat lists the spider and button part numbers but you can’t order them. Trying a Yamaha clutch to see if it is any better.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The service manual does state to install the weight bolts head facing forward, so at least they agree that is the logic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I never did get back to posting on this. But it's been running great. Of course after The clutch was good, the 02/exhaust heat sensor went.

cat price $150
used the duramax sensor $23 and back to good (easy to replace of course).

Anyway, the clutch almost seems better than before it blew! My clutch wasn't dirty by any means. I'm able to get a few more MPHs out the machine too on the top end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts