Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
What your saying about a bad A/C dealership shouldn’t fall upon deaf ears, this is exactly what I’m referring to public relations department; they have to listen to the consumer. Need a online survey before more customers walk or run away from the brand. The only way that A/C may listen to the customers is if all owners send a text message on the same day, same time; you know e b..b at once! That may get their attention, read a post on site that had mentioned a address that you can write to; although the dude didn’t post the address; because of a confidentially agreement...rats!
Pretty good discussion about the dealer network and brand support.
Kinda lost track of the discussion about Blast sleds. ;)
Anyone running Speedwerx lightweight muffler, not a can;on their Blast? Fitment and alignment good? Wondering when their R&D department will come out with some goodies. Pipe and manifold, ceramic coated would be like totally bitch’n! 🤪

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I'll apologize ahead of time, but I think buying a Blast is a mistake.
In all honesty, I really struggle with the Blast as a concept. It's really not a budget sled, but it looks like it is. It reminds me of a cheap Chinese ATV that you would buy at a Flea Market. Every component looks so unpolished. It's a steep price for a kids sled, and there's little room for them to grow. I know I'll get beat up for advocating for the MX-Z Sport, but I really do think it is a better buy in that price range.

I have yet to see a Blast on the trail, and the only sleds my local Cat dealer has left are Blasts. If I wanted a kids sled, I'd be more inclined to look for a clean used Z570.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody.
My blast came in January and I didn’t drive it like 4000km.
There was no problem other than the chassis shock absorbers. I had to replace them with better ones.
Soon there will be snow here and the blast will get to work.
The onset of winter shows what the blast is capable of?
I like the blast really a lot because it’s light. Lightness is a really important feature when driving on low snow.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hey everybody.
My blast came in January and I didn’t drive it like 4000km.
There was no problem other than the chassis shock absorbers. I had to replace them with better ones.
Soon there will be snow here and the blast will get to work.
The onset of winter shows what the blast is capable of?
I like the blast really a lot because it’s light. Lightness is a really important feature when driving on low snow.
Speedwerx has a couple of replacement mufflers available for the Blast lineup, I personally don’t really like the loud one, but the first one on their website video is acceptable, especially if you ride it to work; not quite sure how much weight it saves; but lighting your Blast is a good idea..saves a little on fuel. Check out Speedwerx’s website they may have some other improvements for the Blast lineup. And a hello from Canada 🇨🇦!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Speedwerx has a couple of replacement mufflers available for the Blast lineup, I personally don’t really like the loud one, but the first one on their website video is acceptable, especially if you ride it to work; not quite sure how much weight it saves; but lighting your Blast is a good idea..saves a little on fuel. Check out Speedwerx’s website they may have some other improvements for the Blast lineup. And a hello from Canada 🇨🇦!
So I was at haydays this year and went over to the ssi bd-xtreme booth they had a full mod blast alpha I was talking to Jeff about what all was done and what they have for products. They have a pipe mod and jaws it working on a fat pipe for it. They have trail and mountain cans. A 450 big bore kit with porting, and a power comander fuel and timing controller. They have the a arm kits and also drop brackets for the rear skid to level out the ride. Belt drive kits. Light weight shafts. Different air intake system. They mod the clutching too put a team ss4 for a secondary and then mod fit a team cat clutch. They said it's good for 25 to 30 hp total with all the mods. It's nice that some one has stepped up every thing Done to it could be done to any Blast other than like the 36 in arms or belt drive

·
Registered
702 Posts
So I was at haydays this year and went over to the ssi bd-xtreme booth they had a full mod blast alpha I was talking to Jeff about what all was done and what they have for products. They have a pipe mod and jaws it working on a fat pipe for it. They have trail and mountain cans. A 450 big bore kit with porting, and a power comander fuel and timing controller. They have the a arm kits and also drop brackets for the rear skid to level out the ride. Belt drive kits. Light weight shafts. Different air intake system. They mod the clutching too put a team ss4 for a secondary and then mod fit a team cat clutch. They said it's good for 25 to 30 hp total with all the mods. It's nice that some one has stepped up every thing Done to it could be done to any Blast other than like the 36 in arms or belt drive
Thanks for the info, check out the site later tonight … worked till 8:00 tonight… need to chew on something.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'll apologize ahead of time, but I think buying a Blast is a mistake.
In all honesty, I really struggle with the Blast as a concept. It's really not a budget sled, but it looks like it is. It reminds me of a cheap Chinese ATV that you would buy at a Flea Market. Every component looks so unpolished. It's a steep price for a kids sled, and there's little room for them to grow. I know I'll get beat up for advocating for the MX-Z Sport, but I really do think it is a better buy in that price range.

I have yet to see a Blast on the trail, and the only sleds my local Cat dealer has left are Blasts. If I wanted a kids sled, I'd be more inclined to look for a clean used Z570.....
It's basically a full on procross chassis with a one piece tunnel. 8 grand is a great price nowadays for a new machine. There is also plenty of room to grow, especially since 6' tall riders can comfortably ride it.
Your choice to look for a 570 is fine, but there are plenty of people that don't want a 20 year old sled, and maybe want a modern chassis to ride. If the plan for your kid is to graduate to a larger, modern sled, the skills and style that is learned on a blast will transfer directly over. Also it's not just a kids sled or woman sled, it is for anyone who wants a light sled that is easy to manage and cheap to buy (for new) with warranty, gas and go simple fun.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It's basically a full on procross chassis with a one piece tunnel. 8 grand is a great price nowadays for a new machine. There is also plenty of room to grow, especially since 6' tall riders can comfortably ride it.
Your choice to look for a 570 is fine, but there are plenty of people that don't want a 20 year old sled, and maybe want a modern chassis to ride. If the plan for your kid is to graduate to a larger, modern sled, the skills and style that is learned on a blast will transfer directly over. Also it's not just a kids sled or woman sled, it is for anyone who wants a light sled that is easy to manage and cheap to buy (for new) with warranty, gas and go simple fun.
Totally agree with you on your last post MNkittykat, went on a demo ride and tried them all; great sled for smaller adult riders, beginners, youth, trappers, ski hill operators or someone like myself who would like a lightweight sled to mod out just for fun; sure would be nice if A/C offered a shock upgrade package and a sway bar from the factory. One little dislike of the Blast lineup is the toggle switches on the dash have no rubber boot covering over them, not certain if melting snow would get into the switch and create some issues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Totally agree with you on your last post MNkittykat, went on a demo ride and tried them all; great sled for smaller adult riders, beginners, youth, trappers, ski hill operators or someone like myself who would like a lightweight sled to mod out just for fun; sure would be nice if A/C offered a shock upgrade package and a sway bar from the factory. One little dislike of the Blast lineup is the toggle switches on the dash have no rubber boot covering over them, not certain if melting snow would get into the switch and create some issues.
I would think you could use shocks for anything with the 40" ski stance, like the high country sleds had and maybe the riot x too. Same with the sway bar. In fact I removed the sway bar from my 19 high country limited if you'd like one.
These may not be an official accessory kit in the accessory catalog, but still easily able to order the stuff direct from your AC dealer.

I have thought it would be cool to make a really light blast. Just by removing electric start and a lightweight muffler would drop another 40 pounds, then you're deep into the 300's

·
Registered
147 Posts
I removed the battery on my wife's last weekend to put a cobra cord on let me tell you what a pain in the ass the battery tray is to remove, and yes the stock can is a suit case of like 15 lbs

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 22 Blast XR Touring comes with a sway bar, but still has the base shocks. As far as I know, that's the only one with a sway bar.

I, too, think there is potential to make a fine, relatively light sled into a REALLY fun sled. I test rode the 21 Blast ZR and M, and they were great. One guy in our group didn't want to get off the Blast ZR - seeing an adult have so much fun with a sled like that was really fun to watch. He was grinning ear to ear.

It would be nice to have the same handlebar controls as everything else and ditch the cheapo switches. I think where Cat misses the boat, though, is the lack of options as some of you have already said. Add the nice shocks, add the sway bar, add the better instrument cluster... or whatever. But, I think they need to give consumers a choice to spend more money if they want.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts