Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just bought a set of used black magic twin pipes for my 2002 zr 500 and was wondering how many jet sizes I have to go up, what clutch set up to use and what rpm these pipes are set up to run at. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
Send black magic a email and attention it to Rory Haughn. Tell him exactly what you got and he will be able to help you out. I'd say Rory and black magic have the best customer support in the industry.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cniese @ Feb 10 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Send black magic a email and attention it to Rory Haughn. Tell him exactly what you got and he will be able to help you out. I'd say Rory and black magic have the best customer support in the industry.[/b]
Is Black Magic all that good? I really never hear of them. D&D, Bikeman, Speedwerx all support the major snowmobile sites, making it easy to see what they have to offer, why doesn’t Black Magic advertise anywhere?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Black Magic used to be the number one after market parts dealer. They are under new management and seem to be coming back strong. I do agree with cniese, they do have a world class customer support team that knows their stuff.

·
Registered
329 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Feb 10 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cniese @ Feb 10 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Send black magic a email and attention it to Rory Haughn. Tell him exactly what you got and he will be able to help you out. I'd say Rory and black magic have the best customer support in the industry.[/b]
Is Black Magic all that good? I really never hear of them. D&D, Bikeman, Speedwerx all support the major snowmobile sites, making it easy to see what they have to offer, why doesn’t Black Magic advertise anywhere?
[/b][/quote]

I'm not sure why they don't advertise on Arctic Chat,HCS etc. They do advertise in American Snowmobiler Magazine, Cat's Pride. I don't know if they advertise anywhere else or not. Arnie Jr. was going to advertise on HCS but he never did yet. The next time i speak to them i'm going to ask them...
I talked to dynotechjim a while back and he said he was going to contact black magic and try to dyno some of their products. That would really help them out alot i think. Their products really are fantastic! Their products are really developed and tested in real world conditions before they ship anything out. I bought from everyplace over the years and black magic is my choice in the aftermarket business.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
340 mains, black/green primary w/BM48 weights, purple/white secondary with straight 49 helix. Engages about 4900 and runs out at 8900-9000.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (3x @ Feb 10 2007, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cniese @ Feb 10 2007, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Black Magic was "THE" aftermarket sourse for AC performance until the late '90s when they faultered openning the door for D&D, then Speedwerx and later Bikeman.
It would be nice if some enthusiastic new management can bring BM back around. Lots more competion now though.

EDIT: FYI, Erich Long, then of Speedwerx was to my knowledge the first to bring the aftermarket shops into the sled forums. Bikeman, as he was known on Amsnow.com, contributed much technical info and support before leaving Speedwerx to persue other business opportunities and later forming Bikeman Performance.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I just wanted to add my 2 cents, as well as my experience with BlackMagic. I will not deal with any other aftermarket company for AC parts. Even when BlackMagic "seemed" that they werent around and everyone assumed they were done, they were there and were more then willing to help. I purchased some clutch kits from other companys and they have flat out not worked at all, they engaged way to high and was by no means trialable, for the 280 dollars it made me sick, and when id try to call and get some kind of reason why and how come, or even trying to make sure i had ordered the right part#s they would not help and came up just short of calling a me liar. There are a few companys i havent tried yet, but will be shortly...........

LONG LIVE BLACKMAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bleedgreen

·
Registered
52 Posts
ditto

love black magic
but they quite making twin pipes for sno pros since they didnt sell enough of them. had their pipes on out zrt and loved them!!!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
They made another handful of sets last season for the pre-2002 440/500 non-laydown motor, they're still available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Black Magic are easily some of the best people in the business, tech support and customer service are top notch, parts are exceptional, fit, finish, and quality.

I recently purchased a complete twin pipe/chip/clutch kit from them for my 2000 zr600 efi and I have nothing but good things to say about the ease of install and resulting performance gains... even without riding the sled yet, the motor simply runs stronger, sounds cleaner, the exhaust note just screams performance now. We'll see what it does out on the trails in a few months here, but I'm confident my 600 will give some larger displacement sleds a run for their money :super_happy:

So for Black Magic...

Huge thumbs up!

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
This is great!

I have recently been getting back into Black Magic parts as well. My local dealer has been the Canadian Distributors for quite a while now. I have to admit that I sort of sat back and watched while the transition was going on. As of late both Rory and Arnie have been fantastic and I'm ordering parts again....lots of parts. Fit, finish and service has been excellent. I think Black Magic is on the road to a real strong comeback!!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Rory is GOD LIKE but, humble as well. When he speaks, listen. Don't take his advice, you'll be sorry! I know, it cost me an entire top-end of a tripple a couple of years back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts