Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachment=142394:Black_Magic_KTX.jpg

Do any of you have this suspension on their ZR? I would like to know more about this if anyone has more information please post it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Not I, but I wanted that carbon fiber kit back then. As I remember, it was about $1500. I have seen ONE sled with that kit all these years. BM was way ahead of their time with that one.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I seen it on a sled I watched Greg cut one up with a sawsall and throw it in the corner. It was a prototype though. He did have one on his trail sled said the front end was superlight in the corners that it worked good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ya im that guy with the blown up 711 black magic motor.haha But the KTX front suspention is awsome in my opinion. When you jump, you dont notice the landing at all, and it corners nice too. So all in all its something that id like to find another of.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Molineblackmagic @ Dec 21 2009, 03:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ya im that guy with the blown up 711 black magic motor.haha But the KTX front suspention is awsome in my opinion. When you jump, you dont notice the landing at all, and it corners nice too. So all in all its something that id like to find another of.[/b]
YOUR ALIVE!!!!! Glad to see you still have your balls intact to make it on here from time to time! :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could any of you post more pics of this front end and/or some dimensional information? I would like to build one of these, with more information! Please post some more information.

·
Registered
186 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MotorCityCat @ Dec 21 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Could any of you post more pics of this front end and/or some dimensional information? I would like to build one of these, with more information! Please post some more information.[/b]
looks like the same deal as the aglt mod.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The 43" Cat front end only runs 18" shocks, and the 01 440 sno pro runs 18.5"-18.75" shocks.

Will that black magic kit accept 20" shocks? 19" Fox floats are too long for the 43" setup.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am fabricating new a-arms and need to get the shocks an low as possible to clear the tripple pipes. I would also like to get a better shock angle thank 45 degrees (AGLT) The ski stance will be 46" The BM kit allowed for a better lower shock mount. I will machine the spindle to remove the stock mount.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts