Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright here is the situation, I am looking into getting a BM head with interchangeable domes supreme/race (I think). I was just wondering If I put these on my EFI will there be any problems with fuel delivery and or timing?

The only other mods I have is a mild port and polish job, reeds, heavier weights (50.5g) and a can (not really perf. but)

Do any of you guys run this head and If so have you noticed any difference? Will this kill my reliability?

Thanks,

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
You can add the head to your efi. You will have to run high octane all the time. You can not add it if you already have an offset timing key installed. It' one or the other.
A little more compression helps. Not sure if it will net you big gains. Maybe a couple of ponies.

·
Registered
492 Posts
the big thing with the BM head is the cooling benifit you get from it....thats why im trying to get one for my sled.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I recently put one on my '98 ZR 600 EFI. Haven't really ran it much to find out any gains or not. I also have D&D chip, clutch, pipe, and can. Soon to have VForce reeds as well...

[attachment=62469:ZRBMHEAD.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
I paid under $100 for it off eBay awhile back. I emailed BlackMagic about it, and they said it retails for somewhere around $350.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts