Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Black Hills Snow Report

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  reba96 
#1 ·
Just got back last night from a weekend of riding in the Black Hills. Northern trails were in good condition. Southern trails had less snow. When I saw southern I'm talking south of Trailshead. For all the talk of there not being any snow out there we were pleasantly surprised. The trail riding was pretty good. If you like to go off trail and climb in the trees there isn't a ton of snow for that. There are a few places but you take your chances running over stumps or rocks. Sounds like they are going to pick up some more snow in the next few days. We'll be going back in a couple weeks. If we aren't going to get snow here we'll go find it!

#3 ·
You should be in luck for your upcoming trip. Trails are listed in excellent condition. 10-12 inches of snow in the past 4 days with more expected in the next couple of days. With the additional snowfall you should have excellent meadow and trail riding. If you're riding trails into Deadwood you might find little snow cover. I've heard reports of things being scant in that direction.

#4 ·
Excellent trail and meadow riding

If you're looking for great meadow and trail riding head to the Black Hills. We aren't much for mountain and tree riding but we did talk to some guys that said that was good too. We put on 330 miles in 3 days and had an excellent time. The meadows in the southern hills, ie. trails around mallow camp, were excellent with deep powder. Trails were well groomed on Thursday and Friday and pretty beat by Saturday at 4pm, which is to be expected. All in all it was an excellent ride. We'll be headed back in another couple of weeks. If it won't snow here we'll go where it does!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.