Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been working on some billet's with rubber and have come up with something a little different that we think you guys are going to like.

Our wheels are going to have a replaceable rubber ring.....so if by some chance the rubber does break off it can be replaced, and the wheel does not have to be thrown away.

It is a Urethane Rubber that we are using and has tempurature ratings of -65 F to +275 F, and is very strong.

Due to the lack of snow where we are, we have been doing some testing in the shop. We have been running the wheel against a metal gear with weights pulling down on them to simulate running against studs, as well as the pressure they could encounter. We have been running the wheels at about 4000 rpm's, which is pretty fast.

So far they have been holding up well, next we plan on getting them wet, then freezing them, and then running them.

Please give us some feedback on this idea, as well as other idea's on how we could test them in the shop.

thanks

tricked-toys

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
For your safety, I hope you are all wearing safety glasses. A friend of mine was rebuilding his kids roller blades. He spun one of the wheels for a couple of seconds with an air hose and a small piece came off and he lost an eye. It really bugged me. I can't count all the times I have done something like that. Sorry to jump into your post like this. Reminding all. Back to the topic. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A good advice for everyone Slick. Wear your safety glasses, face shields and hearing protection at home too. I love watching these shows like American Chopper and seeing all these dudes working with flip flops, shorts and sunglasses. I guess nobody from OSHA watches TV :). That said; a replaceable rubber liner is a good idea so long as it stays in place until its ready to change.

Good work,
Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts