Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about purchasing bikemans stealth pipe for my 05 F7 efi and was wondering if anybody has one and if it is worth the money. Is it true about the hp gains and where is the performance gains seen on bottom. midrange or on top end. Another question is how loud is this pipe, Is it alot louder than the stock pipe, does it sound alot different than the stock pipe. I would like to keep my sled with a stock look and sound but with a stealth performace. I am already running with a d & d Y pipe.

thanks
cancat

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have the pipe, and i think the bottom, and mid range is mutch better but I would insall a clutch kit when i added the pipe.You have to add clutching when adding horsepower.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Not any real noticable sound difference.

Was riding with other F7's and couldn't tell the difference.

And Justin is right..all three times...Your heat shield goes back on and no one can tell the mods been done.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i think there is some redundancy in the hp gains of the y pipe and the pipe mod. i would just do one or the other and sine you have the y i would spend your money on something else. if you have not done the upgrades to the diamond drive then i think that would be the place to start. the outdoor shop has everything you need.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I noticed better midrange and more top end (I don't have studs so I don't know if the track is spinning any more than it already was down low).

However, I did do the 2.5 degree timing key too.

It sounds the same as stock. You have to get a different can to get different sound (the can is the actual muffler, the pipe is the expansion chamber and has little to zero effect on sound)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had a Stock f7 pipe on with a Rumble Pack, and I went and got a F7 stealth pipe and kept my Rumble Pack on. I was thinking that It was really gonna make some noise now and the rumble pack along with the stealth pipe (not pipe mod) soaked up some of the noise that the stock pipe didn't. Don't get me wrong its still loud but not that ear bleeding scream that it had before.

And I know everyones going to say silencers loose hp but... honestly I rode out west around 11,000ft with both my stock can and SS rumble pack (with the stealth pipe), other than the sound theres not difference in the hp that I could feel, purhaps a dyno could prove it but you'll never feel or see the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts