Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e got an 06 v2 it seems when it gets stuck or trying to climb a hill I can't quite get up when it comes to a stop it dies. It sucks trying to start it while leaning over your handlebars so it won't go over backwards. Also I rode for about 8 hours yesterday and after about 6 hopurs we took a break and were going back out and when I turned the key click. I had to pull start it. The only thing I ran was the winch 6 times when I was stuck; but the bike was always running. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have the same bike and have had this problem with found out that there was a bit of dirt in the carbs that was not letting much fuel by while coming down to idle but is fine under power just had to clean them a little bit as for the not starting after using the winch maybe check for a bad battery connection

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Run some sea foam in the gas, and clean your carbs. The sea foam will clean out any varnish that may be present. Also, add an inline fuel filter...they only cost $5 but save you big time on headaches.

As for the battery, that may be playing a role in your performance as well. Check your battery (load test it at an auto part store if you need to). Is it the OEM battery, and if so how old is it? Check the fluid levels in the battery as well. If you need to get a new one, I might suggest the Odyssey PC 680. It's $90 shipped, but money VERY well spent. They are maintenance free military grade batteries. I love mine and it spins the V2 over VERY nicely.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I second what Sanny651 said, inline fuel filter will save you headaches, may even have to clean out your fuel tank to if there is alot of dirt in the carbs!
Ian

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
if it seems to be happening more on hills might want to look at underneith your tail light at your tip sensor, make sure that it is bolted right with two bolts/skrews. machine will shut off when rolled or at extreme angle, cuts voltage to the cdi unit.

are you running a dynatek?

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i am running a dyna-tek. Also, sanny651 yje battery is only 3 months old(bought in dec 06) but I wonder how old it really is? What does sea foam do ?

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Sea Foam is a gas additive that acts as a cleaner, fuel stabilizer and water remover. It's an excellent product that really is worth it's weight in gold IMO.

As for the battery, age has nothin' to do with it bud. Mine was shot 2 months after I bought my V2 brand new. They swapped it out under warranty. Check the fluid levels in it. When the battery is worked and/or over time, they will dry out. Gotta make sure they are always topped off.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
put your stock cdi back in for a couple of days and see if it still does it. some dynatek's were finiky with the tip sensor falsely shutting the machine down for a brief moment, so brief it acted like a spit/sputter. don't know if you have red any posts on this but before you go ripping into anything for kicks i would throw in the old cdi and give it a try.

but sounds like after rereading your orginal post you might have two problems, i concur with sanny check you batt levels, just take out of machine, set on level surface and see that all are within the two marks, twards the top. can be checked in the machine but if there are any air bubbles you wont see them from the top.
if you need to top off pop the "rail" off and bring level up to the correct level with distilled water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts