Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the bighorns showed up this week and I had them mounted today. How sweet it is!!!! These tires improve every aspect of the machine. Top speed was not affected by more than 3-4 mph but the handling, steering, ride, traction are drastically improved. I ended up with 25x8x12 and 25x10x12. Picked up an inch of ground clearance. Rocky mountain atv will ship them for $350. What an excelent tire. As I get more seat time with them I will do a follow up review.

I attached some pictures for people. Do not underestimate the tread on these tires. They are in no way a stock looking, feeling, and riding tire. The white letters are sweet!

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
Can you measure the stock tire tread height and the same for the Horns?

They look good; make sure you get that ride report back to us!

Does anyone know how you can paint the lettering (to lime green)? Do you need a certain type of paint or prep the tire at all?

:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
they do make tire lettering coloring kits, for car tires i have seen them.

look good on that green cat, play with the pressures for a even smoother ride, run my backs at 4-4.5psi and fronts at 5-5.5 on my v2.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Looks EXCELLENT !!! I have that same machine!! I'm Curious.... from everything I've read, saw, heard... The Sweet lil' 400 is suppose to loose tons of power and not spin bigger heavier tires... but you say you lost 3-4 mph? Tell me... Everytime You jump on the 400 are you going balls to the walls flat out where your gonna miss the top end??? LoL.... I'm also kicking around the idea of differnt tires... I'm Most likely going to go with 26-10's all 4 corners... in either GBC dirt devile, or Mudlites ... depends on which I can find cheaper or on special...

That lil' 400 you have there Looks Sweet!! Have fun...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Green 400 4x4 - I rarely go fast on the machine, I just rode around the house here and had to run a 1/4mile section of highway so went as fast as i could to avoid cars. As for power loss, that is what low is for. The only time i have run this wide open for any period of time was in the snow. There it is low gear balls to the wall!!!

MacEng - I could mesure the bighorns but the stocks have been unmounted and any measurment I would do would be worthless. For the BHs Front is 25" and the rear is 25 1/4". The bottom of the hitch is now 13 1/2" off the ground. This is done with a level and tape measure with about 6 psi in all 4 tires.

·
Registered
934 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kris @ Mar 19 2007, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Green 400 4x4 - I rarely go fast on the machine, I just rode around the house here and had to run a 1/4mile section of highway so went as fast as i could to avoid cars. As for power loss, that is what low is for. The only time i have run this wide open for any period of time was in the snow. There it is low gear balls to the wall!!!

MacEng - I could mesure the bighorns but the stocks have been unmounted and any measurment I would do would be worthless. For the BHs Front is 25" and the rear is 25 1/4". The bottom of the hitch is now 13 1/2" off the ground. This is done with a level and tape measure with about 6 psi in all 4 tires.[/b]

Sorry, to clearify, I was wondering the lug depth not the tire height :oops: . Are they 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 1 1/2 inch, etc?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MacEng: 3/4 on the front 7/8 on the rear, the stock ones are 1/2 on the rear and couldn't reach the front.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MacEng @ Mar 18 2007, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can you measure the stock tire tread height and the same for the Horns?

They look good; make sure you get that ride report back to us!

Does anyone know how you can paint the lettering (to lime green)? Do you need a certain type of paint or prep the tire at all?

:beer_cheers:[/b]

Check out the duplicolor website, they have colored markers you can use on whitewalls/letter on tires (specifically made for this purpose)...not sure of colors offered, but worth a shot. :beer_cheers:

hot tires marker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.