Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you people think that Cat dropped the ball on this "biggest launch" with the F-sleds. Personnally, I think it was just too much for them to handle. They should've just introduced the Jag and maybe the 1000F this year. Then maybe in a year come out with a couple more models when the bugs are worked out. They bit off more than they could chew with this and I really think it's gonna cost them in the long run.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It already has. Sell your stock if you have it or you will be sorry! They have lost touch on many fronts ie customer satisfaction,performance,weight loss not gain,looks and customer service!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just a question here. Are you guys nuts? The twin spar is awesome.
2 stroke models

4 stroke

How many choices do you guys want?

·
Banned
1,162 Posts
Here's how I see it... They should have kept the FIRECAT at least one additional season. Dropped the f-5 & f-6 into the new twin spar along with the 4 stroker as they did. Kept the 700 and put the new 1000 in the OLD firecat chassis. The 1000 would have been king of the hill right from the get go. Kept the WRAPS on the NEW 800 till 08 and then discontinued the 700 and introduce the complete lineup for 08 in the twin spar. I also would have marketed the 1000 in the firecat chassis as a limited build "end of an era" sled.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MC, not saying the twin spar is bad. Nobody on this board has said anything about the chassis being inherantly flawed, actually just the opposite. What Im saying is that Cat, the company, tried to do too much too quick. Like releasing the Firecat before it was really ready for the public. As far as the twin spar itself, I personally think it was originally develped with the sole intentions of it being a fourstroke chassis, but when they got done they reallized it was so good they decided to put two strokes in it as well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I think the new sled is good. we gotta little spoiled with the straightline speeds of the firecat but this new model seems to run side by side with all the others this year in the 800 class. The F1000 won at haydays, the speed runners have been seeing speeds as high as a 135mph. I think they won the iron dog on the new chassie. They all go in reverse now and are rider forward and thats what everybody asked for. It is what it is I guess. I think the competition is going to be strong for 08. The new doo and poo are going to be strong sellers, I'm not sure if the doo is going to be any good or not but that new poo will be. I think a lot of people switched brands to ride firecat and didn't buy in 07 and now are going to switch back,,we'll see. If cat was smart they would lower there prices. Everybody else has.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about why didn't cat stick the 1000 in the firecat its quite simple it physically didn't fit. Both the M-CF chassis and the Twin Spar Chassis are wider making room for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FELINETAMER @ Mar 19 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It already has. Sell your stock if you have it or you will be sorry! They have lost touch on many fronts ie customer satisfaction,performance,weight loss not gain,looks and customer service![/b]

cause they care more about their atv's... :atv: ..not enuff $$ left over for the sled department...

makes me feel .... barf

·
Registered
696 Posts
Anyone that hasent ridden a new F series for an extended period has no right to bash it. Geeze, now that Doo has this prototype light as a feather xp coming out everyone is in a panic and suddenly the F series is an overweight turd. The F series are proving to be extremely reliable in my book, only serious complaints ive heard is lack of top end performance but honestly i dont see it. I smoked a Crossfire 700sp quite handily with mine and it flat out stretches my arm everytime i nail the flipper. Lets remember that when the F came out that the weights were not all that out of line. Look how many years it took for all the other sled manufacturers to catch up to the rider forward chassis. Hey, BRP has deep pockets and the most money out of anyone for research and development. Let them do the dirty and hard work while Cat works on perfecting it.
In my opinion the release of the F was a compete success story. I should know, i bought a first year firecat and a first year F series.
Btw, 600+ miles on my new one and its been flawless to date!

·
Registered
942 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C-note @ Mar 19 2007, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
OTTERBOB, I think most (that i've personally heard bad tastes from)are referring to cat's ''no answers for my problem'' feedback, that is what has most upset that i've talked with

EDIT: see correction in underlined above,, Thank you[/b]

Thank you... Rusty! :thumbsup:

This is our #1 complaint. It is bad enough to have issues... but not receiving feedback is the pits regardless of warranty.

Despite my season, I still think that AC has an awesome product but this year IMHO, AC left the consumer hanging on a limb.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't understand A.C. buyers, I had a 96 ZRT 600 that had it's problems but was fast, then I got a 98 T-Cat that was a great sled, and so on. I just traded in my 03 F7 that was a great sled and all I ever read about on these sites is what a piece of S--T the sled was. All of a sudden it is now the greatest sled ever built. It's just my input but my new F8 is buy far the best sled I ever owned. I even bought a 04 Rev after I rode one two years ago, and thought how great It would be If I had a sled that rode like the Rev with cat power. Well here it is, I have a friend that is tied in with Cat said yes the F8 is very compairable the the F7 power, But when the F7 came out did'ent it over acheve in a big way.I beat many 800 revs, I guess my point is yes the F7 is as fast is the F8 but thats not a bad thing is it. And trust me both sleds are very close or I guess I'm just one of the lucky F8 owners.

·
Registered
242 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (otterbob @ Mar 19 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anyone that hasent ridden a new F series for an extended period has no right to bash it. Geeze, now that Doo has this prototype light as a feather xp coming out everyone is in a panic and suddenly the F series is an overweight turd. The F series are proving to be extremely reliable in my book, only serious complaints ive heard is lack of top end performance but honestly i dont see it. I smoked a Crossfire 700sp quite handily with mine and it flat out stretches my arm everytime i nail the flipper. Lets remember that when the F came out that the weights were not all that out of line. Look how many years it took for all the other sled manufacturers to catch up to the rider forward chassis. Hey, BRP has deep pockets and the most money out of anyone for research and development. Let them do the dirty and hard work while Cat works on perfecting it.
In my opinion the release of the F was a compete success story. I should know, i bought a first year firecat and a first year F series.
Btw, 600+ miles on my new one and its been flawless to date![/b]
ya cause of the taxpayers money. government has to keep giving bombardier money to stay afloat... well freak their in quebec... they get whatever money they freaking need and they get it from the west.

barf barf barf thats what it makes me do.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bombardier hasn't had a hand out from the government for years and that was the old Bombardier. BRP is a totally separate company and has not had any freebies that I know of. I don't think BRP has any deeper pockets then Cat or Polaris and is certainly minute in size compared to Yamaha.

Regardless, we in the East love to sypthon off the rich oil money from the West. We have to move it into Ontario, the economic power house of Canada, because you guys aren't smart enough out West to know what to do with it (as evidenced by your post). We give you just enough allowance back to feed and cloth you.

Redd

·
Registered
460 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Redd @ Mar 27 2007, 08:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bombardier hasn't had a hand out from the government for years and that was the old Bombardier. BRP is a totally separate company and has not had any freebies that I know of. I don't think BRP has any deeper pockets then Cat or Polaris and is certainly minute in size compared to Yamaha.

Regardless, we in the East love to sypthon off the rich oil money from the West. We have to move it into Ontario, the economic power house of Canada, because you guys aren't smart enough out West to know what to do with it (as evidenced by your post). We give you just enough allowance back to feed and cloth you.

Redd[/b]

Oh Redd, if I haven't got along with you in the past......... I'd have lots to say to you about this EAST VS WEST comment!!!

He is correct, the Government has bailed out Bombardier many times in the past, we wouldn't be talking about the Rev's because they wouldn't exist. They have done a great job on the motorsport end of their business lately and now that they sold that division, BRP will continue to do well. (on their own)

Now back to the topic. I think Cat released the new lineup exactly when they had to and they did a hell of a job in my opinion. They were much more ready for the problems and there were less problem then the Firecat release.

Putting the 1000 even if it fit into the Firecat chassis??? Come one people, this new chassis is much better. Only someone who hasn't ridden the new chassis would say something like that.

I don't care what brand or what industry you are in, when you release something new there are going to be bugs you didn't anticipate. It happens with everything people, not just sleds, not just Arctic Cat. It happens in electronics, vehicles, motorbikes, boats, sleds.....everything. They can do all the tests they want, but the real test is when it gets to the consumer, then they have to deal with what pops up. In this area I think Cat does a great job, but they are only as good as their dealers. Bad dealer, Cat gets made to look like the bad guy, good dealer and Cat appears to bend over backwards for you!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Was it really that big? Arctic Cat removed the sabercat and firecat and replaced them with one sled known as the f series with three options (std,lxr and snopro). introduced three new engines and a dd with reverse. It would seem that this offering was targeted to a slightly aging demographic (30 to 50 year olds) which makes sense in the fact that these are the ones who easily are financed and don't need all out speed or ditch banging capabilities, now i know that there are many in this group that require more from their sleds than just trail riding and as seen many times it's more than cat thought. Some of the problems i see is that the f1000 was tauted as being the baddest cat ever and those who bought it are finding that it's simply not, the snopro is as far away from that as possible and needs to be addressed quickly (lighter,no trunk,better track,lighter seat and it's own graphic and colors). This is what the former firecat owners would be more interested in. the jag is it's own deal and not being into that i'll leave that one alone. The EPA has reared it's ugly head and it seems that the motors act like their missing 100 cc's per unit (yes the hp #'s are there, but the weight is up, the track is wider and the fatter inertia of the planetary reverse dd is heaver). Two quick fixes to the line up would be to make the snopro a true firecat replacement and to drop down the 1000 and make it a lake racer. I think cat is close to the other mfg's sleds, but need to listen to what their customers are asking for.

·
Registered
309 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cathog @ Mar 27 2007, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Was it really that big? Arctic Cat removed the sabercat and firecat and replaced them with one sled known as the f series with three options (std,lxr and snopro). introduced three new engines and a dd with reverse. It would seem that this offering was targeted to a slightly aging demographic (30 to 50 year olds) which makes sense in the fact that these are the ones who easily are financed and don't need all out speed or ditch banging capabilities, now i know that there are many in this group that require more from their sleds than just trail riding and as seen many times it's more than cat thought. Some of the problems i see is that the f1000 was tauted as being the baddest cat ever and those who bought it are finding that it's simply not, the snopro is as far away from that as possible and needs to be addressed quickly (lighter,no trunk,better track,lighter seat and it's own graphic and colors). This is what the former firecat owners would be more interested in. the jag is it's own deal and not being into that i'll leave that one alone. The EPA has reared it's ugly head and it seems that the motors act like their missing 100 cc's per unit (yes the hp #'s are there, but the weight is up, the track is wider and the fatter inertia of the planetary reverse dd is heaver). Two quick fixes to the line up would be to make the snopro a true firecat replacement and to drop down the 1000 and make it a lake racer. I think cat is close to the other mfg's sleds, but need to listen to what their customers are asking for.[/b]
You said it.I am in that age group and am thinking of upgrading to an F8 Sno-Pro next season.I sure will miss my F7 missile though.Thought about keeping it as a spare sled but from what I read I will not want to ride it after being on the new chassis.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts