Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Clutches are spot on, deflection is good, offset, parallel is correct. To reduce slipping I added more weight and less helix. It shifts perfect, right on at 8200-8300. No sign of belt slippage. Still a lot of clutch heat. It's a big sled, I'm a big guy, 6'4" 300lbs and clutches get plenty hot. Had 53g with Y/G primary and 53 helix with yellow secondary. Changed to 55.5 g and 53/49 helix same springs. I tried to clutch this pig like my ZRT800 in the past but no way was that going to work. Any ideas to get the heat down? Don't tell me to go on a diet! hahaha

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah the windage plates came off a long time ago. I'm going to pick up a red white secondary. Thanks for the replies. I think today was the last day of the season for me.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
If it's the zrt2 chasis'd sled (99'), be sure remove the hood's side vent covers (the black ones from the factory from inside the hood). If you haven't done this, you'll also notice more underhood heat directed on your feet. Just the simple removal of the side hood plugs doubled the life of a belt for me. Don't waste anymore of your $$ on the stock A/C 020 belt, buy the high-end ultimax cuz it's well worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.