Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my Mud Lites are toast I am thinking about getting some new tires and I want a radial. I am thinking about Maxxis Bighorns how are they in different trial conditions. How good do they wear and do they last good. What is the best size to get or the biggest. If you could, could you show me a picture of them on your cat I would appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
I hear good things on here about them but a coworker I use to ride alot with bough a set and said that they suck you rite in the deep stuff like they slide sideways when you try to ride the edge of a bad place on the trail but he said they ride the best on the hard road,very smooth. He said they had to go with only 200 miles and bought a set of swamplites . He liked the swamplites WAY better for allround riding.
Kenny

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i had mudlites and had to get rid of them for my area, they were good in the mud but rode like crap otherwise imo.

have had the horns 26/12/12 rear 26/10/12 fronts for around 350 miles and absoutely love them. overall great tire imo, and that's overall they will work better than stock in the mud (deep, soupy stuff) but remember they aren't a mud tire. i personally have not gotten stuck with them and the one trail in mass had a very good size mud hole that i was "workin" but never made through. my 26 inchers are a tad bigger than 26 inch but overall a good size imo. if anything i would down size to 25inchers as to gain a bit of a lower gear ratio for me cause i don't need anymore ground clearance. i'm at work now but will put up some pict's tommorow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
hi there,

I love my bighorns. I did have some loose control at speed with them until I call Maxxis. the big horn run a much higher they say to run 7 to 9 psi in the fronts and 5 to 7 in the rear. after the pressure adjustment they handle great. My brother has mudbugs and he goes through mud quicker but I still make it through and I do better on all the rest than him. both are great tires but for a all round go Big horns.

Lead

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
great tire that doesnt wear out fast. I would stick with 25in though as the 26 and bigger are real heavy. The 25in will be 1in taller than your stock tires. They work great in all conditions, especillay hard pack and rocks, except mud where there just ok. If you ride a lot of mud or slippery conditions the mudlight xtr's will be a better choice. I have both.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hoopie @ Feb 8 2007, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
great tire that doesnt wear out fast. I would stick with 25in though as the 26 and bigger are real heavy. The 25in will be 1in taller than your stock tires. They work great in all conditions, especillay hard pack and rocks, except mud where there just ok.[/b]
I cant voch for the performance and wear of the bighorns, my brother just installed a set of 25" on his P700 a couple weeks ago. He found his 27" mudlites just wearing to fast and didn't really feel the need for that aggressive of a tire. Though like Hoppie said the 25's do run larger and my brothers measure just a hair under 26", the shop that sold them to him recomended going the 25's vs 26's because of that reason :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts