Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it was minus 10 degrees celsius last night and I was showing my bike to a friend from the south when I ended up facing downhill on a snowy slope. I had to backup due to a big rock sitting in the middle of the trail... I put the bike in 4wd (I think the front axles were loaded up, as I was on the slope) and heard a hugh bang!!!! sounded like it went into 4wd HARD! seems to work, but now i'm paranoid about my front diff... should I be concerned?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
i would just look every thing over good for any obvous damage. were you locking the diff then this happened? mine and a few others have noticed that sometimes you have to have the wheels turning a bit before it fully locks in.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not locked, just in 2wd with wheels binded a little, then it banged into 4wd.. wasn't a pretty sound.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Nothing probly happend if you were backin up a snowy slope then your back tires would have spun a bit before the 4x4 engauged all the way not a huge deal, but watch next time you are spinning in 2wd and then put it into 4x4, chances are it will do the same thing. Puttin it into 4x4 on flat ground is a much better idea. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts