Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any knows of some better shocks that would fit a 1000 mud pro.

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
Works, Elkas to name 2 different brands not cheap though.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
your looking at minimum 500 a shock for aftermarket. Like gwc said Works, Elkas and fox makes some as well.

I upgraded to mudpro ones and i love them good and soft and keep the ride height.

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
What are you trying to do? Are you attempting to get more travel, softer spring rate? Need a few more details so we can help you.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Probably gonna need spacers so they don't rub or different wheels with more offset.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
I wanna put 32`s on my 2012 1000 mud pro it is lifted 2 inches what else do you need to do so they don`t rub? your`s looks bad ass
Unless the tires you buy have some big lugs on the outer edges you should clear your shock springs ok, I may be wrong though. I Ihave 30's on 14" rims with a 2" lift and have plenty of room at the shocks myself.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i had works shocks at steelers then bought black widows
I now have elka stage 4 in the rear and stage 2 in the front.
they do get expensive but imo well worth the $$
you can go from single rate to triple rate on springs
and as far as adjustments go there infinite you can dial them in for what ever terrain your riding.
I will say once you go to a good aftermarket shock you will never go back to stockers.
but if your doing it just to lift the quad id just add spring spacers.

·
Registered
674 Posts
you should look into a flex lift from Rick the rocket

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Installed my elka stage 3 shocks yesterday. Lifted the bike an inch maybe 2. Will have to see how it handles after some testing and set up time.Cat happy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed my elka stage 3 shocks yesterday. Lifted the bike an inch maybe 2. Will have to see how it handles after some testing and set up time.Cat happy
So which stage 3’s did you buy? Do you know the Elka part number or which model they’re originally for? I want to put Elkas on my 2011 MP 1000 as well but neither the dealer nor Elka can tell me which model shocks to order since they don’t make them specifically for the MP. I was thinking about chancing it and ordering the TRV 1000 set since the machines are almost identical otherwise. Thanks. You can reply here or email me.. [email protected]

·
Administrator
38,419 Posts
This a really old thread.
Have you contacted Elka directly?

·
Registered
6 Posts
This a really old thread.
Have you contacted Elka directly?

Yes I did myself and my mechanic, as I stated neither them or Arctic cat knew if the TRV 1000 or any other model they sell would fit my MP 1000 correctly. That guy up there apparently put some on so I want to know how they worked out.

·
Administrator
38,419 Posts
Yes my 13 700 trv. They have like 4” of adjustment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts