Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the best tool needed for proper adjustment? Looks to be a very small male hex….just installed the updated assembly in my 14’ zr8000 and it is way too low
Thanks gents
J

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
It should be a 4mm socket.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I use a 1/4 Drive flex extension with the proper hex head and wobble adapter.

·
Registered
64 Posts
4mm socket and I use a really long 1/4" extension, like others have said.

I don't know about the older PC hoods, but the late model ones allow you to take the goggle warmer bag out (squeeze the sides together, and that will pull it away from the clips holding it on). That gives you a straight shot to the headlight adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
8,592 Posts
4mm socket and I use a really long 1/4" extension, like others have said.

I don't know about the older PC hoods, but the late model ones allow you to take the goggle warmer bag out (squeeze the sides together, and that will pull it away from the clips holding it on). That gives you a straight shot to the headlight adjustment.
It’s the same as the older ones

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
I use JB weld to fasten a deep well socket to the adjuster screw. It's easier to find the socket with cold fingers.

This tool was recommended by a member.
It works well and is easy to carry.
There is some irony to finding the flex driver. I had been using the JB weld trick for years and leaving a socket on the adjuster screw. The wobble adapters worked for adjusting, but I didn't ride with them attached. I never seemed to get the headlight aim right on my first try. The Jawco driver is a good length to tuck in place by the intake cowling. With the socket welded in place, the driver stays in place. I attach the driver before my first night riding and adjust during the ride. It's always been a challenge to adjust in the shop for real world riding.

Reactions: ponycarfan

·
Registered
988 Posts
RoczToyz makes a headlight adjuster.

I personally don't at night on purpose.
So no personal experience with this product. Folks on TY4Stroke seem to like it.
I would like to bring my high beams out of the trees though.;)

·
Registered
944 Posts
favoritos
I have the Craftsmen version of that tool and I have used it to adjust the lights and it works very well, I forgot about that until you posted, i have not adjusted them in many years now.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Super Moderator
9,464 Posts
@JOE G , I looked for quite some time to find one that would work without being bulky. I wonder if the Craftsman version is still available? These things work very well.
@FrozenTows , I tried to make my own version of the Yamaheater style. I didn't have great luck making it solid. Their version looks pretty cool if I went with something more permanent.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The Craftsmen version That I have fits right in the Google bag by the cluster.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
110 Posts
RoczToyz makes a headlight adjuster.

I personally don't at night on purpose.
So no personal experience with this product. Folks on TY4Stroke seem to like it.
I would like to bring my high beams out of the trees though.;)
I installed one on my sled over the summer. I've not yet ridden at night but played around with it in the parking lot at night and it works well.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That’s a pretty clean looking install. I was in their site but didn’t see cost, nor did I look all that hard for it haha. Either option looks viable. I just need to get it done soon as I’ll have a bit of night riding in my future
All good posts
Thanks gents

1 - 13 of 13 Posts