Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which oil is the best? I used to run APV synthetic, then heard that is gets sticky and can gum up your power valves and when I tore my motor apart I found this to be true. Then I went to Amsoil, I tore my motor apart after a year and the plating was peeling so I switched again. Now I am running klotz and havn't had a problem to date, but I have heard some complaints from other people. What about Blue Marble though, I really havnt heard aything about their products. I was just curious how everybody else felt.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own seven Arctic Cats with my ZRT having over 25,000 miles on it and all I have ever run in my sleds is Amsoil. I don't know what may have caused plateing to come off but I have never seen it. Klotz is a good oil for tuned exhaust but you don't want to ride behind yourself, it stinks. I would switch back to Amsoil.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Alot of this will end up coming down to one thing,,,,,,, is your injector set properly for your oil selection, most oils will have a different viscosity which means changing your injector adjustment to accomodate it.

I have 2500 miles on my sled and just cleaned my exhaust valeves,, very little carbon. Amsoil oil has also been known to increase HP on a dyno test (private test from a reputal performance shop).

As stated before,, I have also never heard of cylander coating pealing off because of oil.........

It sounds like you have been flipping oils,,,,,,,,,, have you been making the proper calculations and adjustments to prove your oil ratio is correct???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only switched oil in my current sled once. The APV oil I ran in an '02 ZR800, but I didn't change my ratio from one oil to another, I just set it to approx. 40-45:1. I think I will lean it out a little more to 50:1 though.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts