·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you reccomend for fluids for a full service of a 650 V2?? thanks

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I use Napa oil filters, mobil 1 oil (0w40) other guys use 10w40 and mobil 1 diff fluids as well others use marine grade gear oil

hope it helps :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
I have been using the oil change kits from arctic cat. They have 1 filter and a gallon of 0w-40 synthetic. I thought it was special oil for the clutches in the automatic trannys. Would it be ok to use mobil 1 synthetic? I have 5w-40esp formula at my shop, would that be ok?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I have no problem using mobil one, however I have the V2 and do not have a wet clutch, I think I read that other people used it in the wet clutch system but don't quote me on that

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
yep arcticcatred keep using what your using, i have red/heard that you could use mobile one in the wetclutch setups like the 400/500/700's due to no friction motifiers but i would stick to what works and covered under warrenty.

as for the v2 there is no wet clutch setup in it (primary clutch constantly spins), so mobil one is what i run in my v2 with no problems, with 75w90 mobil one for the diffs. my main reason is that i run mobil one in all my equipment,cars so much easier to stop at the local walmart and i know what/how much i need. i run the cat oil change kit in the wifes but hers is a once a year change (alot less milage than i ride).
stock cat filters i have heard are wix filters but imo napa,cat,wix, or even k&n will all be just fine.
so showtimeauto if your cat dealer is close by i would just stick with there oil change kit for 20+/- dollars not too bad imo.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
In my V2 (which is now sold), I ran 0-40 Mobile 1 synthetic and a Napa Wix filter. My V2 ran much quieter and smoother than on Cat's oil.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I personally run AMSOIL with a stock filter at least through the warranty. Then I will cross reference to a Mobil 1 filter, but stick with AMSOIL. Mobil 1 is good, but according to tests that I have read, AMSOIL edges out Mobil 1. In any case, using either is much better than using anything other than a true Class IV synthetic oil like Mobil 1 and AMSOIL. For the differentials, AMSOIL there too with their Severe Gear Lube.

Personal preference, but anything that I can do to reduce the chances of a failure works for me.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hey you brought up an old thread! :)

But to answer your question, yes, 0W-40 year around is fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts