Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry If this has been asked before. As everyone I'm looking for the best snowmobile helmet. I have a modular Castle now.
I ride mostly 10 degrees to below zero temps., mostly easy trails.

Oxygen helmets have been recommended but I'm not sure about not having an electric shield.
Can they be relied upon to not fog up?

Another possibility was CKX Mission or Castle 950X.
What does everyone recommend?
Thanks
Think Snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Hi,
Sorry If this has been asked before. As everyone I'm looking for the best snowmobile helmet. I have a modular Castle now.
I ride mostly 10 degrees to below zero temps., mostly easy trails.

Oxygen helmets have been recommended but I'm not sure about not having an electric shield.
Can they be relied upon to not fog up?

Another possibility was CKX Mission or Castle 950X.
What does everyone recommend?
Thanks
Think Snow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as the Electric shield, I would never go without one. They work! If you wear glasses, you need to get a breath box that actually works though. Only helmet I have ever seen is the BRP helmets that do a good job of this but I had lasik surgery so no more glasses for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a mission helmet, it's the best helmet I've worn in the winter. Thought I would miss not having a modular but the shield is huge, and as long as you've got the inner nose piece on the shield sized and adjusted correctly, you don't need to have a heated shield.

I do like having the heat of the shield warming my face on the really cold days but I have ridden most days without the heater cord plugged in.

Communicators are tricky, the speaker cups need to be modified as they are not wide enough nor deep enough for most speakers. But it's a quiet helmet even at high speeds.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 ZR 8000 LE ES 137x1.25 BD-xtreme STAGE2: Billet Heads, Pipe, Y-pipe, Blk OPS Can & V3R Reed
24 Posts
I love my CastleX Exo-CX950!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts