Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 97 580zr and the primary clutch is worn out, i had it fixed about 400 miles ago but the local mechanic i feel did not do a very good job but what do you do, so i want to replace the clutch, any body have any suggestions on which clutch would be best to use

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can get them alot cheaper then that as well. I got two 9 tower clutches on for $125 each shipped to my door. Both were in awesome shape. I set one up for trail riding and the other up for dragging with my cronies. Just take about 10 min to change em out. Just inspect the hell out of them when you get them. Maybe I just got lucky, but both of mine were great. :super_happy:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Heard from the local dealer that Cat is about to run a sale on clutches. Check with RV Sports out of Thief River Falls. They are about 3 blocks from the factory and usually have great deals on things from time to time. www.rvsports.com

·
Registered
10 Posts
if you don't mind a cross species transplant a TRA ftom a Ski-Doo will fit. It has to be a small crank engine tho' (470,521,583,617). The 670 and triple cyl or newer series 3 engine clutches won't fit.

The TRA has the advantage of being nearly indestructable (I've put over 20,000 miles without a rebuild on a TRA B4), and allows you to adjust peak RPMs without dissasembly.

Plus since they are so durable they generally outlast the sled's they are on. This means you can usually get them from a sled wrecker or on Ebay for a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts