Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 f7 with ODS clutch kit. i am putting 153 megabite studs on this weekend. what are you guys using for carbides. i have been told everything from std 6" carbides, 6-8 shaper bars, and even dooly's. what seems to be a good set up? i dont want anything that is going to be hard to steer. thanks

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Add another tally to the vote for Shapers. The next best thing would be different skis altogether.

·
Registered
29 Posts
got another vote for 7.5 shapers. My buddy had them on his F7 worked a hell of a lot better than my f7 with woody dooly's ............... then again that's the way I bought it. Changin them real soon that's if I see a snowflake or two

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just installed bergstrom 8" 60 degree carbides with 3/8"ski savers and his shim kit. Turns fantastic. The ski saver goes between the carbide and the ski and gives you 3/8" of additional keel depth so it turns much better in soft stuff. Barely any push. The shims screwq to the rubber cushion you have where your ski mounts and the "toter"effect it creates raises the front of your skis a bit and this along with the savers pretty much elimanates darting. Cost me $88 shipped to my door. A very good setup for cheap.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I had 10" woody's on my F5 and 9" shapers on my f7. The 10" worked MUCH better IMO. The shapers don't penetrate like the conventional...and IMO don't hold any better in hardpack. Identical C&A skis both sleds...identical setup springs / limiters.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts