Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my right tire was pointed way out the other day. I looked and saw that the tie rod was bent pretty badly. I don't know when I did it. I can't remember hitting anything that hard. Does it take much to bend it? Is this a common thing? I straightened it out, reinstalled it, and realigned the tires. I know that it is never going to be as strong b/c it has been bent. I'll keep an eye on it and test it hard before I feel comfortable with it. If it doesn't hold up, I guess I'll have to buy a new 1. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
656 Posts
I managed to jam a tree behind the left front of my machine the second weekend I had it... Bent the tie rod... I straightened it out and forgot about it... That was a good 600 miles ago... I should get a new one before I forget again

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
I bent one tie rod on my DVX from hitting a stump at the top end of 2nd gear, enough to stop up in its place. On the trail we were able to bend it somewhat straight or atleast rideable but by the time I got back home it had bent back again. Since they are so cheap its not really worth the risk and safety of running a much weakened tie rod by straightening the old one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts