Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my sled i got stuck in a drift and when i forced it out i notice it turned like crap to the left. come to find out i bent the steering rod that goes underneath the pipe a lot. i grabbed a propane torch and bent it back but has a slight kink in it( not totally straight but its close), but you cant tell the difference steering wise that there is a kink. i put a hard 70 miles on it today ditch banging and hard on the trails, but hey it was my first ride this season and i rode her like i stole it! what should i do about the aluminum rod? should i get a new one or should this one last? if so how much is it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
never mind about this one, i just went to my arctic cat dealer and they said 9 bucks. i ordered it and am gona keep the kinked one as a backup incase it happens again.

has anyone else bent their steering bar, the one that goes underneath the pipe? probably because that was my first time getting stuck and i was all alone, it sucked major ass lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My freind and I were racing last night and he bumped me off the road and I hit a few trees, broke the front bumper and bent the linkage. We put it in the vise with a peice of pipe on one side and two peices on the other, and then tightened the vise until it was just past straight, when we let go it was perfect, I haven't had it for a drive yet, but as long as it was straight, I think it will work. Great freinds I have! :trail:

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
Guys, one part that I WOULDN'T F around with is steering linkages. You weakened them by the first bend, and furthermore by bending them back. Please don't ride w/out replacing the linkages you messed up!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts