Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just looking at my belt, and there is alot of slack. Theres atleast 4 inches of slack or more. I can lift up on the belt slightly and spin it, and it wont even come close to touching the secondary. Is there anyway I can adjust this, or do you think it stretched and its time for new one?

Thanks
Richard

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldnt be able to tell you how old it is. I just bought the zr this winter. The belt is the proper size for the machine. And it is a Dayco 10 HP3038

Richard

·
Registered
10,348 Posts
How much of the belt if any is sticking out of the secondary clutch? Should be approx. 1/8". If not remove some of the washers between the secondary clutches and re-assemble without the spring and set the belt in with the clutch in the closed position to see if you have approx. 1/8" stick out. Mark clutch on both sides with a marker and reasemble the same way or it will be out of balance.

Next would be to check center distance and alignment with a special tool. let us know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.