Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a '09 F8 LXR and would like to store the spare belt under the hood. Where is everyone else storing the spare?

·
Registered
99 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sledMI @ Nov 7 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Just purchased a '09 F8 LXR and would like to store the spare belt under the hood. Where is everyone else storing the spare?[/b]

Is there room under the clutches?
I just riveted a belt holder there on my sled, as apparently A/C didn't think I needed to haul a spare along.... :lol:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I ended up just putting my spare in the trunk. There isnt much room under the hood without risking damaging the belt or wiring harness. If ya find a good spot let the rest of us know. It fits on the clutch guard but i didnt like it rubbing against the ecu and wires..figured that was a disaster witing to happen

·
Registered
18 Posts
Belt Storage on a 2010 F8 LXR

just curious if this was ever figured out !

I need to store my spare belt. Seems like a waste of space in the luggage compartment.

Any nifty ideas ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Heat

Thanks for the nifty idea. Would the heat rising from the muffler be detrimental?

Do you have a photo of exactly the zip tie point?

Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Snowchopper. Regarding the photo attached do you mean the belt could be zip tied to the cross member perpendicular to the two spars running forward. ( the across tie in spar?). I see that as being above the muffler. The member of aluminum perpendicular to the forward direction of travel. Did you wrap foil around the belt for heat protection or is that a non issue? Attached the photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am wondering if that was where Artic Cat originally intended the belt to go. I read somewhere the plastic parts for the belt holding near production time were no to standards so they aborted. That being said after several years of F8 production it was never delivered on the machine. Maybe I will get some sort of aluminum device made that I can rivet on similar to the Bombardier style but perhaps with the Arctic Cat panther on it or shape. ( much like on the front cat on the F8 )

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi Snowchopper. Regarding the photo attached do you mean the belt could be zip tied to the cross member perpendicular to the two spars running forward. ( the across tie in spar?). I see that as being above the muffler. The member of aluminum perpendicular to the forward direction of travel. Did you wrap foil around the belt for heat protection or is that a non issue? Attached the photo.
On top, front to rear, I've never had an issue with heat and I've installed them there on 5-6 F Chassis i service. You can stick it in the trunk but I prefer the space for other things. Zip tie on the belt guard sounds ok to me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My Final Solution

This is what I did for a belt holder with 2 small pieces of aluminum angle pop riveted to the belt holder. Hope this helps with your ideas.
I am going to get two 1/4 inch aluminum plates 8 inches long water jet cut to the front emblem in the shape of the running Panther.
This will be aluminum welded to a 1/4 inch base that will be 8 inches long and have the inside clearance between the plates to be 1.5 inches to accept a folded belt.
Both sides of the running cat to be facing to the rear of the machine.
Will drill holes in the base and later pop river to the clutch shield.

The only thing missing would be a fold down hinged clasp that would lock into place but I can live with zip lock ties to secure the belt.

I will shine it up with steel wool and mothers aluminum polish before I mount it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Water Jet Cut Aluminum Belt Holder

I have decided to get three plates of 3/8 aluminum cut out by water jet and have confirmed this will fit easily above my belt guard by riveting in place. The two plates will be mounted on a base and will sandwich the belt. There is enough character on the cut plates for many zip ties as needed. Direction of the leaping panthers to be facing the rear of the machine.

The 2010 F8 LXR has plenty of room above the belt guard alongside the oil reservoir but not touching it. No electronics nearby.

I chose the middle plate for the design. Dimensions are listed if anyone else wants to try it out. I feel the belt holder is something that should have been done by the factory in aluminum.

I will just leave mine in polished aluminum.

This is a plan only and looking for any further suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have decided to get three plates of 3/8 aluminum cut out by water jet and have confirmed this will fit easily above my belt guard by riveting in place. The two plates will be mounted on a base and will sandwich the belt. There is enough character on the cut plates for many zip ties as needed. Direction of the leaping panthers to be facing the rear of the machine.

The 2010 F8 LXR has plenty of room above the belt guard alongside the oil reservoir but not touching it. No electronics nearby.

I chose the middle plate for the design. Dimensions are listed if anyone else wants to try it out. I feel the belt holder is something that should have been done by the factory in aluminum.

I will just leave mine in polished aluminum.

This is a plan only and looking for any further suggestions.
i like your idea. i used a universal belt clip, and two of the velcro pieces used on the Firecat belt holders above the belt guard. it did hit the wiring coming out of the ECU a little.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Parts cut out with water jet and 3/8 aluminum

Parts ready. Two sides and a floor plate.
Next step to weld. Then mount later for the belt holder attached onto the belt guard.
Lots of room above the belt guard in the 2010 F8 LXR

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts