Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Crossfire 7, the belt squeaks/chatters loudly when stopped. The deflection is about 3/4 inch pushing really hard down on the belt. Is this a deflection problem? or an alignment issue. When I bought it brand new the belt squeaked for about 400 miles then went away. I changed it last year and the squeak returned, it has never went away in 800 miles. Its really irritating. When it engages the squeak is gone. Let me know what I can try, and the proper deflection. Also, I noticed the track moves pretty good when on the stand. Thanks.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Use the tool in your kit and remove the deflection adjuster in the secondary. Then remove the smallest shim and replace the adjuster. If it's still bad, put the smallest one back on and remove the second smallest one.
Remember the adjuster is reverse threads! Also, be sure to keep the largest shims closest to the rubber washer. Lastly, sometimes with a new belt it may squeak a bit until it breaks in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. One more thing, I have the TSS clutch tool and deflection adjuster from Hi Performance. It says I can adjust the deflection with the deflection adjuster end. Do I loosen the belt first, then use the tool to back it out a bit until I get the correct deflection. This is ACT driven. Let me know guys, I never messed with the deflection before. How much play should it have in it?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Proper belt deflection on a stock sled is 1 1/8 to 1 1/4. If the sled is an EFI you will want to run on the high side for ease of starting.

Hope this helps Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts