Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 700 mudpro that I just change the motor on the old motor was smoking and had a nock i found a replacement one that i could here run and changed it out when doing so i had to change over my cluches and replaced the belt with one i got from the local arctic cat dealer. I got the atv running and went to take it for a test drive and it revs right out then engages and in reverse I had to use the rev limiter just to get it to back into the garage. The belt is brand new ac belt and I cleaned the clutches before re installing them. Any thoughts would be great.

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Sounds like the wet clutch might be bad. Did you use wet clutch safe oil in it?
Did you get grease from your hands on the belt?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes i used wet clutch safe oil and i may have got some oil on the belt from my hands for sure. What is the best way to clean the belt off and the cluches i cleaned them with break fluid before installing but everything i touched had oil or grease on it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will take the clutch cover off again tomorrow evening and take a look. If the wet clutches are bad is there any way of knowing to look at them

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Yes it will be pretty obvious if they are worn out/burnt

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
You can wash the belt with dawn dish soap and dry really well.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it took me a few days before I could work on my mud pro again but today I removed the clutches cleaned them and replaced the belt with another one from arctic cat. I then reinstalled the clutches and belt and there was no difference it revs 5000 rpm before it will even move and will not even go any where in reverse the rev limiter won't let it rev up high enough. Could this be the 2 way bearing that needs replaced or wet clutches any thoughts.

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Wet clutch

·
Administrator
37,459 Posts
Yep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts