Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone getting for belt life on their crossfire 7s? I went to get a spare last year and the dealer said they are $180 and that they should last 5000 miles. So I skipped on it then. I have about 1700 miles on mine now and is still good. I don't like riding without a spare, but if I don't have to spend an extra $180 until next year it will help me out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kodden1 @ Nov 12 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What is everyone getting for belt life on their crossfire 7s? I went to get a spare last year and the dealer said they are $180 and that they should last 5000 miles. So I skipped on it then. I have about 1700 miles on mine now and is still good. I don't like riding without a spare, but if I don't have to spend an extra $180 until next year it will help me out.[/b]
$180?!? What kind of belt are you buying? I buy the stock recommended belt from my arctic cat dealer for about $100.

I have not ridden my crossfire since I just bought it this fall, but I'd say they could last 1500-2500 miles assuming nothing goes wrong and your clutches are aligned. I usually by a new belt every one or two years depending on my mileage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got 1800 hard miles on the original belt on my 06 cf 6, then it just grenaded into about 100 small chunks. always keep a spare just in case. by they way, your parts guy must have been drinkin cause the belt is around $100 for the genuine cat belt, part number 036.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The $180 was for a cat belt. Although it was not at my normal dealer. Maybe they were just trying to screw me over. $100 sounds alot better.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
that dealer is a moron. He was trying to sell you a belt for the new sleds, the 060. You don't want that on a 7.

Belt life should be well past 1500.

the stock 046, or 036? of it's the smaller secondary should work great for you.

btw, you can get those older belts online for much cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$50 to $60 off of ebay sounds pretty good. i'll have to look into that.

Thanks for all the replys everyone. This site is great!

·
Registered
331 Posts
My buddy has 3,800 very hard miles on his crossfire 700 and it's still going I've got about 1,800 on mine and no signs of failure. You can get a belt almost anywhere on the internet for $50 to $70 i think but could be wrong catdeals.com has good prices can't remeber tho for sure.

·
Registered
29 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kodden1 @ Nov 14 2009, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
$50 to $60 off of ebay sounds pretty good. i'll have to look into that.

Thanks for all the replys everyone. This site is great![/b]
I just bought a new cat 036 belt for mine from the cat dealer in Rangeley, Maine(P Js Powersports) for less than $80.00.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I haven't had the time to get one yet. Been real busy lately. Hopefully I will get around to getting one in the next week or two. I gotta get the shocks off to get rebuilt and change the DD oil. I also got a tunnel stiffening kit to put on. Anyone know how hard those are to put on? I bought it at the end of the year last year and haven't looked at it yet. I think I need to just drill some holes and rivet it on, right?

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kalebtimberlake @ Nov 13 2009, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that dealer is a moron. He was trying to sell you a belt for the new sleds, the 060. You don't want that on a 7.

Belt life should be well past 1500.

the stock 046, or 036? of it's the smaller secondary should work great for you.

btw, you can get those older belts online for much cheaper than the dealer.[/b]
o46 is for a 10.4 secondary and if its stock its too long
speedwerx has oems for like 85 bucks i think

1 - 13 of 13 Posts