Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed new 14" ITP C7's with ITP MudLite XTR's and I'm wondering if I need to consider clutch and/or belt work to manage them. I currently have the factory belt with about 475 miles on it.

I see lots of posts on this subject for the 650's, but not so many for the 500 Auto. I'd welcome opinions on:

Belt - Arctic Cat or aftermarket?
Clutch - Leave it alone or re-spring?

Thanks in advance.

stellarpod

·
Registered
116 Posts
IMO -
My wife had 28" Zillas with stock belt and no clutch kit, and it pulled them fine, and the belt never slipped even getting wet.

I'd say put the tires and you're good to go with no worries.

·
Registered
934 Posts
EPI sells decent clutch kits for the 500. They come in both performance and big tire versions. Not sure how the 27s would feel in comparison to stock, but I would look into one of the kits. I run the performance kit with my stock 25s and am planning to go to 26s in the spring. Theses kits help get a bit more power to the ground.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
EPI, Speedwerks, and Daltonall have kits for the 500. I'd get a stiffer secondary spring at least, primary roller inserts wouldn't hurt either. You don't want a kit with the little springs for the wet clutch under the primary though, mostly sold as "oversize tire kit".

The AC belt is fine.

Don't confuse yourself or get worried from reading post about V2 650's, they have a completely different belt setup.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the posts guys. Think I'll give EPI a call tomorrow and see what they recommend.

stellarpod

·
Registered
487 Posts
You probbably wouldnt even need a clutch kit anyway because you have 4.0 gears because yours is an 06. I would go with the brute force belt though. There the strongest out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.