Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get into the sled and replace my lower steering post bushing(s). I think they're worn out and causing some play in my steering.

The belly plate is just a plastic sheet held on with rivets. Do I just drillout all these rivets? or most of them to get access?

Wanted to be sure before I drilled.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey nice to see you're still around and giving the Wildcat some love! I'm just getting started on my Wildcat for this season, hopefully I'll have some cool pictures to show off in a few weeks.

You shouldn't need to drill any rivets, on mine there's a flat panel on the bottom of the belly pan thats just held on by a bunch of small torx screws. Unless they've been replaced with rivets at some point, which is possible. I had to throw a few rivets in mine after I did the steering post mod last year, the frame was pretty beat up in that area from hitting rocks etc.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If you have an aftermarket skid plate on there as well as the bellypan, the skid plate is probably riveted with a couple screws in the front. If it is just the bellypan, it should be attached with the Torx screws like 007 mentioned.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have to give it a closer look. It looks like a stock belly pan, just a glossy black plastic pan the fits up under the nose plastic.

It conveniently is cracked with a hole right under the steering post.
Worst case I'll just cut an access hole and cover with some aluminum or something...
Hopefully that gets rid of my steering play, its the only place left where there can be play.

Between that, my new Bergstrom Carbides and ski savers and Bergstroms ski shim kit, i'm hoping she rides like a dream this year! (Or at least a less darty dream)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts