Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as ZR pointed out to me in a topic, I didnt really want to ruin his topic with my problem. But where can I get some bearings at and how much are they? I need to find some cash :). I hope there not too much cause I am running low on money from just replace the fuel lines. Spent $22 for the fuel lines. $60 on gas *3 days of riding* Right now I got about $40 bucks left.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well looked on ebay and found out there are only like $10 bucks stock, I can actually get 4 off ebay for $4.50 but its not a buy it now its an open auction. I will stop by Glens Motorsporst in sheldon. Luckily I figured out they support arctic cat and they are only 10 miles away.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Find an industrial supply distributor and ask them to size the bearings for you. We have Motion Industries here in WI but you should be able to find someone close who can help. Take the bearings in and tell them you need new ones, the brand of bearing doesn't really matter I've had good luck with most of them. Remember that not all 4 are the same so you'll either have to physically remove them or get part #'s from someone that the distributor can cross reference.

I think I just paid $10-$15 a piece for mine versus the dealer's $20-$30.

·
Registered
795 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (scrat600 @ Jan 10 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Find an industrial supply distributor and ask them to size the bearings for you. We have Motion Industries here in WI but you should be able to find someone close who can help. Take the bearings in and tell them you need new ones, the brand of bearing doesn't really matter I've had good luck with most of them. Remember that not all 4 are the same so you'll either have to physically remove them or get part #'s from someone that the distributor can cross reference.

I think I just paid $10-$15 a piece for mine versus the dealer's $20-$30.[/b]
In my hometown I use Kaman bearing, as stated above they are a bearing wholesaler for industry.
But they can generally cross referance aa bearing, or take it with you and they can use calipers to measure it.
They sell quality bearings like Timken etc. at about 1/4 the cost of dealer parts.
You likely have something like "Kaman" in your area.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Bearings for what? drive bearings (jackshaft or drive shaft) or idler wheels....

I replaced all my idler wheel bearings a few years back for about $150 and that include taxes and shipping from Royal Distributing....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts