Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It is just an accordian clip, catch the leading edge with a pick and peel it right out.
Remove both clutches, place the sled on the right side, unbolt the TCL and you can work it on the bench just like the previous aluminum units.

Reactions: favoritos

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It is just an accordian clip, catch the leading edge with a pick and peel it right out.
Remove both clutches, place the sled on the right side, unbolt the TCL and you can work it on the bench just like the previous aluminum units.
Just my opinion but if you replace the bearing I would still pop the seal and check the grease. I'm a fan of packing in extra Lucas #2 red.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Now you have me thinking.
It is a riding partners sled and he carried the TCL over(with the seal loose like yours)and we changed the bearing. He had the case open to mess with his gears at the same time and it never occurred to me to ask if the link slid off or if he needed persuasion to get it off the shaft. I assumed the shaft was captured by the bearing on each side. He's out of touch for a couple weeks in the Caribean or I could ask.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts