Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing the bearings on driveshaft. I sourced this national bearing nps-100-rpc for the pto side driveshaft. Is this a sealed bearing meaning it will keep the elements out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
IMO, no. It will keep alot of physical things out like sand, etc but not water. We use those bearings for an inside job (like in the building) and relatively clean. For anything outside or in a nasty environment we would use If I remember correctly an RS bearing with the plastic or teflon seal (been awhile).

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input. Did more digging and it does seem to have a seal. Damn i hate dealing with bearings👎

·
Registered
10,123 Posts
Doing the bearings on driveshaft. I sourced this national bearing nps-100-rpc for the pto side driveshaft. Is this a sealed bearing meaning it will keep the elements out? View attachment 365639
You want a shielded bearing like you have pictured for both sides. The RS stands for removable seal.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want a shielded bearing like you have pictured for both sides. The RS stands for removable seal.
It shows rpc, not rs. Same thing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The issue we had with that style of bearing was water would infiltrate and the outer “seal” would rust out since it is metal. We ended up going with these
4F970920-B8BC-4C03-8DD9-0905140F57F0.png
We got less water infiltration and no rust. But for the life me I can’t remember their “identifier” I was thinking RS but that appears to be wrong. This was on big industrial wood processing equipment so it had to keep everything out down to the flour like fines generated when processing wood and being outside also had to withstand rain, snow, 140 degree + temps and down to -50 degrees. Look at Mcmaster Carr. That’s where we got ours for work from and I ordered mine from for the guide wheels on my Vmax which is now gone.

·
Registered
11,094 Posts
Nothing wrong with that bearing you posted pic of. It’s sealed and prelubricated as noted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
USA bearing carries the ones you need there is a number on the bearing itself McMaster Carr sometimes will drop ship them from USA I’m allways recieving them drop shipped from USA for McMaster carr either one will have them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts