Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been driving this vintage of Bearcat; 3 of them, over the past 10 years accumulating around 15 000 miles. They are perfect on the trapline, except for the disposable clutch. My dealer sold me an upgrade about 5 years ago which actually worked pretty good, but now they can't get parts for it or replace it. What can I do?

I bolted the clutch off my 2003 Panther 370 onto the Bearcat last year, it bolted up but the belt was either too short or too long, don't remember. Is it possible to make this Panther clutch work with any adjustment (shims) or a different belt?

The kicker is that this is the only machine I have at my fly in trapline. I can't afford to fly in another machine. I need to figure out a solution for the primary clutch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I can still get parts. But the original clutch is too expensive to maintain. Arctic cat sold me an upgraded clutch that worked very well (cam arms were pinned to the cam arm pins, rather than pivoting on them) but now they say parts are not available for that clutch. So I guess my question is, will my panther clutch work with the panther belt, on the Bearcat?

·
Registered
168 Posts
The difference in width of your bearcat belt and z370 belt is only 1/32" difference. The actual length of belt required will not change with a primary clutch change..
However different width belts can 'act' like different lengths due to how they sit in the secondary clutch. This is adjustable however. You can adjust for this in secondary clutch by adding or removing shims between the sheeves. You don't need any special tools or wisdom to do this. You can even do it with the clutch in the machine. If the belt is too tight, add shim. If the belt is too loose, remove shim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts