Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions are shaping up here in Northern Wisconsin. The forest roads around Mt. Valhalla in Bayfield County are in excellent condition, with around a foot or more of snow covering an ice base. The trails are in good condition with some spotty areas. We logged about 200 miles over the weekend. Not an impressive amount of miles, but we’re happy just to be out and about. Went out on Saturday with Widowmaker & Snapxyz on his new Phazer. Sunday was spent helping 2foothead tune his F8 & programming his Boondocker box. We ran into Nightrider today at the Pub & Grub hoping to see his new F1200 BMP sled, but he didn’t have it with. Guess he decided to give the Mach Z’s a weekend off. All in all, a great weekend to be riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yeah, Sure dad, you had a great time out on the sleds while I was home sick. bang your head

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Is Valhala the only spot with snow?
I swear everywhere else in the State of WI has more snow than most of Bayfield Cty, Douglas, Polk and the other NW part of the state. I've never seen this before.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cmscat50 @ Jan 22 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Is Valhala the only spot with snow?
I swear everywhere else in the State of WI has more snow than most of Bayfield Cty, Douglas, Polk and the other NW part of the state. I've never seen this before.[/b]
It's spotty in most of the county, but you can easily put 100 miles on & never ride the same road up here. Little by little it's getting better.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
We stayed on Namakagon and rode north Thursday & Friday ... put on about 300 miles (put on 40+ Wednesday night riding south towards Lost Land Lake). The trails in Bayfield county were alright - they had decent snow cover, but not enough to keep you from "clicking" rocks. Another 4" to 6" and they'll be good to go I think. The firelanes (if you know them) are the best option up there right now, and they are in good to excellent condition. We rode up from Jones' Bar near Mellen to Bear Chaser's in Island Lake and that was awesome. Hopefully they continue to get some snow here & there throughout the week, because we're scheduled to leave again Jan. 31st.

·
Registered
95 Posts
we rode to the pub on sat and sun. like you said the forest lanes were great the trails were ok. but dont tell everyone. its nice without so much traffic. it sucks when we have to trailer out of ashland to ino to get good snow. be back there in a couple of weeks so hope for snow.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f8badgercat @ Jan 23 2007, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
we rode to the pub on sat and sun. like you said the forest lanes were great the trails were ok. but dont tell everyone. its nice without so much traffic. it sucks when we have to trailer out of ashland to ino to get good snow. be back there in a couple of weeks so hope for snow.[/b]
What times were you there? I'll bet we crossed paths one day or the other.

·
Premium Member
1,395 Posts
If you're ever in the Pub n Grub, look for a big guy sippin off one of these --------->

·
Registered
95 Posts
both days we were there around 1 pm give or take. my brother rides an orange xfire 700 and mine is a black f8(no melting side panels yet). so maybe we did cross paths. hopefully be back the weekend of the 10th and 11th. anymore snow?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts