Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery is dead, toast, will not take a charge at all. I think the daughter left the key on and drained it down to nothing. I started it monthly during the off season and let it run 5-10 mins and it started just fine until a couple weeks ago, it was dead. Anyhow, I have been dealing with having to replace batteries in bikes and sleds for 33+ years and hate that they only last 2-4 years. Wouldn't be so bad if it was like a $20 lawn mower battery, but these are more like $70-120 each. SO I bit the bullet 10+ years ago and bought an Odyssey battery for my bike and love it, cause its 10+ years old and stilling going. but for the Jaguar Z1, the only battery that will fit into the space is a PC545. And according to the specs, it has 150 cca, which the Yusua I took out says it has 310 cca. I've done reading and see that people put the PC545 in big engine bikes like Harleys and gold wings, but still am afraid that the lower cca will not be enough for my sled. Has anyone installed 1 in there 1100 sled and can give me feedback?
Thanks,
Brian in IN

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a Z1 for about 5 years. Can't remember exactly what model battery, (may have been a Yusua), I had in there but it was an el cheapo from Batteries Plus. Not that any of 'em are cheap! I went with it because it wasn't 300 bucks and it was easy to change if needed.
Kept it on a tender and never had any issues.
Where are you in Indiana? I'm originally from Terre Haute.

·
Registered
9,918 Posts
There's no way a 150 CCA battery would turn a sled over up north here. You really need to spend some money and get a higher CCA battery. I've had good luck with Motobatt's. I have one in my T660

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
welll I can get a 310 cca battery for it no problem, but dont want to have to buy a battery every 2-4 years. So I am looking at the Odyssey PC545 drycell battery that will last 10+ years. But am worried that the 150 cca might not be enough. I have a Odyssey PC680 in my 1400cc bike and its 10+ years old and still going and see that it is rated at 170 cca, so maybe I'll take it out of the bike and see how it cranks over my 1100cc Jaguar.
Tacanmech- I am in Rensselaer, in the NW corner of IN

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
I've had awesome luck with Deka batteries, I think your machine would take an ETX20L. Autozone sells them under the same part number with their sticker on them.

My T660 turbo ran for 8 years on it's original Deka battery and would have went further if my temp gauge didn't draw it down and let it freeze.

I've run nothing but since.

K

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided not to go with a Odyssey battery as I may not keep this sled 10 years. I found myself already looking at a 2013 FX1100 Crosstour, mainly for the 6 years newer and the longer track. I also realized a friend works at Advanced Auto and was able to get me a $104 battery for $45, so I went that way. I did hook up my bike battery, a Odyssey PC680 with 220 cca, and it started it up just fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts