Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this has been beat to death... But I gotta ask

I have an 03 F7 and I am looking to raise the handle bars. I am thinking 6 inch riser, then prolly some hand gaurds.

What do you guys recommend for how high and make? I would like to go as high as I can without extending anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i'll tell you what someone told me...
unbolt the handlebars and use a measuring tape and measure the space while pulling up on the bars.
DONT YANK!
cause if you yank then put an over sized bar riser on itll screw with the trottle.

·
Registered
302 Posts
you can go 8" w/out extensions, you just have to cut some zip-ties then your good to go

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
6.5" is about all my 2003.5 F6 efi would go. I didn't do any re-routing though.

·
Registered
695 Posts
chain case sleds can go 8'in DD sleds can go 6 before having to extend the brake line only

if you need to extend the brake line, go to the auto parts store by a union with hard line attached, easy as pie, about 5bucks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Powermadd makes a fairly inexpensive riser. I got a 8" on my '06 F7. If you can find the aceribis hand guards they work good, nice solid mount too, Cat used too sell them, but they may have discontinued them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cat has discontinued the acerbis handguards but your dealer should still be able to get them because the part number is still good.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hoffmeyer @ Nov 20 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cat has discontinued the acerbis handguards but your dealer should still be able to get them because the part number is still good.[/b]
i have 2 that i will sell both 6".One powermadd new in the bag and 1 arctic cat 6" used that i just took off my sled that i will sell you cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts