Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I don't have a stock bar setup. Can anyone tell me what height the stock riser setup is?

These adjustable bar setup I have is 3" off the nub on the top of the steering post.

I want a new taller riser but don't know what I should go with for height. I'd need another 4" if I wanted something comfortable when standing.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361305846.925533.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361305868.533569.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Getting a local machine shop to make me some risers.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to the original owner and yes they are not stock bars.

Got my risers today and put them on. Perfect at 6.5". Could defiantly go higher.

Going out for a rip later to try them out.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Worked perfect. Still a little low when standing but that's what 6'2" does.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
do the steering post mod, it'll help. I'm 6'2", I did the post mod and put 5" risers with a 1" rise handlebar, its perfect and works with stock brake and throttle lines. The mod raises it 2 or 3 inches as well, and brings them forward about 5 inches.

·
Registered
83 Posts
do the steering post mod, it'll help. I'm 6'2", I did the post mod and put 5" risers with a 1" rise handlebar, its perfect and works with stock brake and throttle lines. The mod raises it 2 or 3 inches as well, and brings them forward about 5 inches.
How'd u do the post mod on a 800 and get it to not hit the carbs?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
on my 700 it worked like this. I flipper the post over the support, but the gusset for plate on the post would rub the console on the tank. I trimmed a little material out of the airbox (and patched around it), and spaced the post out another 3/4" and everything fits fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts